Posted on: 8-15-14
Position Title: Manager, Customer Service Quality & Improvement
Job ID: J0814-0708
Category: Customer Service
Location: where the successful candidate resides
City / Province: nationally/nationalement, Ontario
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-time
Open Positions: 1
Job Closing Date: 31/08/2014
Language Requirement: English essential
Reporting to the Director of Customer Service Network Effectiveness, the Manager, Customer Service Quality and Improvement is responsible for improving the Contact Centres’ service performance results to meet or exceed corporate targets by identifying weaknesses, deficiencies or opportunities in the call-handling processes and/or with specific Contact Centre agents. The scope extends to internal contact centres, as well as centres being managed through outsourced partnerships. As Manager, Customer Service Quality and Improvement, you will integrate closely with Customer Service counterparts and other support functions to identify and analyze root causes and find possible solutions, and monitor compliance with key quality performance indicators. You will also identify and analyze trends and ensure consistent monitoring to sustain performance improvements.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead a team in issues analysis in the Contact Centres by evaluating agents’ interactions and identifying the root cause of the problems, recommend corrective action or solutions, and ensure that effective corrective action is taken to improve the service and quality performance.
- Monitor trends and quality performance in the Customer Service Contact Centres, identify areas where performance does not meet policies, procedures and/or standards, determine priorities using various analytical tools and develop an action plan for implementation.
- Oversee systems for the regular review of individual performance of internal and external Contact Centre agents, and ensure that his/her team provides constructive feedback and advice to help them achieve their full potential.
- Ensure that team focuses on individual call agent reviews and on business improvement projects.
- Develop and maintain service and quality metric reports for each contact centre/vendor, provide guidance on interpreting reports to ensure consistent understanding, and ensure that evaluation tools and processes are calibrated to guarantee that calls are evaluated following standards.
- Identify workforce inefficiencies and contribute to the identification of education and training initiatives for Contact Centre agents to deliver a workforce that can meet or exceed CPC quality and service standards.
- Identify and share process improvement opportunities with other Customer Service counterparts using the customer service improvement plan results.
- Provide advice, interpretation and guidance on service and quality issues, and secure effective professional relationships with key stakeholders.
- Promote the one-company view through consistent use of standardized data structures and reports by operators.
- Identify Key Performance Indicators (KPI), reporting needs and issues, and assess current reporting practices and capabilities.
- Participate in meetings with Customer Service counterparts and Vendors to understand issues, fix processes and calibrate evaluation tools.
- Maintain and update technical system management tools for Contact Centres.
- Analyze and address issues and problems collected by third-party Customer Satisfaction Surveys.
Job requirements (Education and Work experience):
- Post-secondary education or a combination of both experience and relevant professional development
- At least 3 years of direct quality assurance experience
- At least 3 years of experience using data analysis to monitor and improve performance
- At least 5 years of call centre leadership experience
- Advanced experience using the Verint eQuality system
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values:
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation’s best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Canada Post offers:
A total compensation package
- Competitive salary
- Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
- Vacation and leave options
- Defined Contribution Component of the Canada Post Corporation Registered Pension Plan
A strong community of employees
- Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs
The satisfaction of a job well done
- You’ll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Careers that deliver:
If you’re ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s largest employers we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.