Posted On: 5-2-14
Position Title: Manager, Resource Planning & Management “RPM” (WFM)
Job Location: Provo, Utah
Ancestry.com is the world’s largest online resource for family history. We have helped pioneer the market for online family history research, taking a pursuit that was expensive and time-consuming and making it easy, affordable and accessible to anyone with an interest in their family history. The foundation of our service is an extensive collection of billions of historical records that we have digitized, indexed and put online over the past 17 years. These digital records and documents, combined with our proprietary online search technologies, tools and collaboration features, have enabled our more than two million subscribers to create over 13 billion historical records, along with millions of DNA results to make meaningful discoveries about the lives of their ancestors.
With over 1,400 employees around the world, we are known for our cutting-edge technology, phenomenal innovation, and offer a compelling and rewarding workplace where you will thrive. We seek out passionate people to join our mission of helping people discover, preserve and share their family history. We invite you to explore and discover the many opportunities that await you at Ancestry.com.
The Manager of Resource Planning & Management is a critical role responsible for managing all facets of contact center operations such as forecasting, scheduling, monitoring call volumes and other operational activities while adjusting resources to meet business objectives. This manager will provide daily guidance to the team that will analyze call volume history by tracking and trending Phone Channel metrics, Email, Social Media and back-end support to ensure proper planning, accurate requirements and workload identification. This manager will develop capacity/staffing plans and reports that provide management with the understanding needed to make operational decisions in order to ensure overall success in a multi-site/channel contact center environment. This includes internal operations in Orem, UT and Dublin, Ireland as well as working with a Business Process Outsourcer (BPO). In addition, this position will be expected to engage in overall Member Services strategy and define how to provide the best member/employee experience while continuing to drive maximum efficiency.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Responsible for the overall management of RPM (WFM) team to include hiring, training, scheduling, setting of goals, prioritization of work, performance reviews, etc.
- Provide team coaching and development by accurately accessing strengths and opportunities, giving timely and actionable feedback, as well as motivate direct reports to optimize performance
- Ensure that the scheduling function is providing optimal forecasting, scheduling and identifying new methods, strategies and opportunities
- Ensure that the real-time management team is providing the appropriate real-time oversight and takes appropriate action to meet service level goals and maximize efficiency
- Oversee reporting—internal and external reporting and analytics for Member Services
- Ensure the accurate compilation and distribution of information and reports to identified stakeholders in a contextual and actionable format
- Provide analytics on trends and use data to identify drivers while continuing to evolve Member Services reporting structure such as Tableau integration
- Serve as a subject matter expert and RPM liaison for specific programs and coordinate with operations teams to ensure consistent business / operational goals
- Develop and maintain short and long term forecast/capacity plans and ensure sufficient staff is available during peak periods
- Analyze historical call trends by source, handle time, and root cause to identify operational opportunities and pro-actively communicate this information to leadership while implementing appropriate action plans
- Review and analyze the monthly, quarterly and yearly Contact Center Performance Reports for both internal and external stakeholders and distribute as required
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required and as assigned by Senior Manager, Support Services.
- BA/BS degree required, preferred economics, statistics, business or equivalent education- MBA a plus
- 3-5+ years of experience performing RPM functions (capacity planning, forecasting, scheduling, real-time management) in a multi-site contact center environment preferred
- 3+ years of experience managing a RPM team providing forecasting, scheduling and real-time management in a multi-site contact center environment
- Strong experience with Workforce Management software (eWFM, IEX, Verint, etc.) that includes forecasting, scheduling, real-time adherence functionality
- Experience with Avaya CMS, CRM applications or comparable systems strongly preferred
- Proven experience in process improvement, change management and overall operational excellence (LEAN or Six Sigma certification preferred)
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail oriented and possess strong project management/ organizational skills
- Presentation/Communication Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Build Effective Teams
- Ability to provide leadership, direction, motivation, development opportunities, and build high performing teams
- Technical Skills/Learning
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Must be proficient with Excel, have the ability to organize/analyze, import/export data in a structured manner (db administration, pivot tables, SQL queries, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Windows based programs (Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Experience with Tableau or other cube-based analytics platform is preferred
Working for Ancestry.com
Ancestry.com is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
Offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a criminal background check and, for some positions, a credit check. The Company complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws in conducting such checks. Candidates for employment with criminal records will not automatically be excluded from employment. The date of conviction, the nature and seriousness of the offense, and the job duties will be considered.