Posted On: 4/1/2016
Position Title: Manager, Workforce Management
Job Location: Orlando, FL
Apply at: https://www.sedgwick.com/careers/Pages/careersearch.aspx and select FL, Mgr Workforce Management
Manager, Workforce Management
CLAIM YOUR FUTURE AS A GREAT PERFORMER!
Providing both satisfying and challenging work along with a highly professional and friendly work atmosphere, Sedgwick has a strong commitment to its colleagues and its clients. If you are seeking a place where you can do great things for those whose lives you touch while maximizing your own career possibilities, Sedgwick is the place for you. As the largest and most innovative Third Party Administrator in the claims industry and the first and only TPA to receive both recognition as the Best TPA in America and the coveted Employer of Choice designation, we invite you to come be a part of our team and, “Claim Your Future.”
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To initiate and implement enhanced workforce management practices for the organization; to optimize resource performance across operations utilizing automated workforce tools; and to ensure organizational performance requirements and client specific service level commitments are met.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintains organizational and site level long term forecasts and workforce budgets; initiates staffing and scheduling modifications in response to changing business needs and client profiles.
- Identifies technology needs related to areas of responsibility; initiates and implements industry leading technology and process improvement projects.
- Develops and maintains reporting resources required for marketing, pricing, analytical and daily operational purposes.
- Ensures Service Center service level and other supported service operations achieve required service level and overall performance metrics through utilization of effective recruiting and staffing processes.
- Develops, communicates and continuously assesses position requirements for direct reports; coaches colleagues to improve individual and team performance against established metrics.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to enhance scheduling efficiency and increase colleague effectiveness.
- Communicates with upper management regarding long and short term forecasts, impact of procedural and process changes, and other staffing and operational effectiveness issues.
- Initiates and implements enhanced workforce management practices for the organization including direction of multi-site Service Center workforce management functions, scheduling administration, and providing support, direction and development of direct reports.
- Works effectively within a team based environment and maintains good internal and external client relationships.
- Ensures organizational alignment through cooperative development of individual and departmental objectives with operations management team; provides individual and organizational feedback on performance at minimum six month intervals.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization’s quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
- Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows company staffing standards and training recommendations.
- Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance development plans; conducts colleague performance discussions.
- Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to promote maximum performance.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university strongly preferred.
Eight (8) years of related experience equivalent combination of experience and education required to include four (4) years of inbound call center, workforce management, supervisory, or customer service management experience.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of automated workforce management tools (preferably Verint/Blue Pumpkin Systems) in a multi-site environment
- Excellent knowledge of multi-channel service center processes and procedures
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including reporting and presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Leadership/management/motivational skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and set priorities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
- Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
- Work hours – 8:00am – 5pm (M-F)
- Strong math and statistics skills.
- Six Sigma or other statistical modeling experience a plus