Posted On: 4-5-2013
Position Title: Operational Planning Specialist
Location: Wilmington, DE
Apply at: http://careers.cigna.com and searching by Job ID#
Job ID: 80259
People want to be treated like individuals. At Cigna, we get that. That’s why we embrace and encourage peoples’ uniqueness, helping to give them the strength and confidence to show the world who they really are. The coverage, expertise and services we provide are at the very core of how we help people achieve their full potential – and ultimately, improve their health, well-being and sense of security.
But before we can accomplish any of that, we have to have the right people in place. People like you.
Skills, experience, talent and creativity like yours enables us to develop the meaningful, innovative solutions our customers value and expect. That’s why we’re committed to recruiting, motivating and nurturing the best and the brightest, whether you have industry experience or not. We’re growing a workforce as unique and diverse as the millions of customers we proudly serve around the world – one individual at a time.
Assists in the management of the departmental operations for the claims operation. Monitors the application of the traffic and scheduling function, including policy and procedures, operating structure, and information flow. Independently analyzes claims trends in order to predict long and short-term staffing needs.
– Able to devise detailed resource optimization plans in a multi-site, multiple program & heavily decentralized environment and implement the same on scheduling systems.
– Able to understand & compile short and long term staffing plans incorporating multiple work types (i.e. inbound, outbound, back office work, etc) with competing operational goals & effectively distribute resources to meet all goals simultaneously.
-Must be able to understand healthcare claims inventory management, forecasting, and associated staffing by multiple skills/work types
– Must be able to clearly communicate recommendations & guidance in a client based relationship to senior operational leaders.
– Must be able to be a single point of contact for the entire team.
– Must be able to work with and lead work with highly analytical analysts.
– Must be able to effectively drive requirements, discipline and results with local and remote (unit and enterprise) teams.
– Must be able to consolidate staffing requirements for multiple units and projects in the organization into a global staffing model.
– Proactively identify and initiate change to address performance and process issues.
– Prepare and present key strategic and day to day operational analytics to both executive, managerial and front line partners to drive changes in behaviors, metrics and performance.
– BS in Business Administration, Finance or equivalent
– 3+ years operational planning (preferably claims or inventories) experience including scheduling and forecasting
– Experience with workforce management tools required
– Polished presentations
– Proficient in Microsoft Office
– Expert in Excel, macros, formulas
– Capacity planning experience
-Experience working in as part of a global team preferred.
– Experience partnering closely with Finance
– Strategic staff planning experience
– Ability to organize workflow of other analysts; interact with partners; develop reporting.
– Proficient in all aspects of daily workforce management duties.
– Extensive forecasting and scheduling design experience required.
– Excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work effectively in a virtual team environment.
CIGNA offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, 401k plan, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
We encourage you to complete all questions on the candidate profile if you wish to be considered for this opportunity.
CIGNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer