Posted On: 10-30-2017
Position Title: Workforce Planning and Development Director
Job Location: Pasadena, CA
Apply Online: http://jobs.kp.org
Health is our business
Make it yours. At Kaiser Permanente, we realize that it takes more than expert medical care to be one of the nation’s leading health care providers and not-for-profit health plans. It takes advanced technologies, state-of-art facilities, and the people to support them. Come impact your future, and the future of care. Join us in Pasadena, California.
Workforce Planning and Development Director
In this role, you will be responsible for the strategic planning, forecasting, implementation, and evaluation of all workforce planning, development, and retention strategies across the Southern California region. This will incorporate a broad range of organizational development skills to include workforce planning and development and employee and workforce optimization to develop strategic client partnerships and achieve desired business results. In addition, you will work with regional leadership to assess current and future workforce needs and develop strategies to build capacity and attract and retain a talented, diverse, high performing workforce in support of the Southern California region’s strategic imperatives to include “best place to work” and our Labor Management Partnership agreements.
- At least ten years of progressive experience in Human Resource leadership roles with a focus on strategic workplace planning and development
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, or a related field; a master’s degree is preferred
- Prior extensive experience collaborating with leadership to identify future workforce needs
- The ability to build partnerships with key stakeholders
- The demonstrated ability to determine key business and leadership issues and develop appropriate plans to address issues
- Experience with and knowledge of quantitative workforce analysis, reporting, and interpreting internal and external data sources
- Excellent communication, presentation, consulting, and project management skills
- The demonstrated ability to lead professionals and manage others through influence and collaboration
- Demonstrated success contributing to the design, implementation, and leadership of large-scale change initiatives in a health care environment
- Prior senior level HR experience in large organizations preferred
- Experience leading a team focused on workforce planning and development activities
- The ability to work in a Union and Labor/Management Partnership environment
For immediate consideration, please visit http://jobs.kp.org for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 616847.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers