Posted On: 7-29-2015
Position Title: Access Services Senior Manager Quality and Training
Job Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Apply Online: https://www.candidatecare.com/srccsh/RTI.home?r=5000034021410&c=921&d=medimmune.candidatecare.com&_dissimuloSSO=z0QY9k6mC3U:exXukB2feU60PWXsH7G6gw1Rb6s&_fromPublish=true
The Access Services, Senior Manager of Quality and Training will be responsible for ensuring the Access Services department including Field Reimbursement Managers and Access 360 operational staff have an holistic understanding of the reimbursement landscape and a deep understanding of access and reimbursement characteristics specific to the disease states and products supported. They are to ensure the department successfully employs customer service and objection handling skills and ultimately will be responsible for the performance quality of the Access 360 program. This role will work collaboratively with the Commercial Training and Development team to create, execute and manage a robust training program including new hire and ongoing training for the Access Services team. This role will work directly with the Access Services Leadership team to ensure all aspects of the Access 360 program quality and training needs are addressed and executed in compliance with AZ policies and legal guidance. This role will also liaise with CT&D to coordinate broader education of the Access 360 program to commercial employees, both field and home office.
Key Roles/ Responsibilities:
- Accomplishes quality assurance objectives by managing quality assurance process including: providing direction to quality assurance analysts, selecting criteria, managing QA schedule and resources, coaching, communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising, enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets quality assurance financial objectives by estimating resource needs; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Develops quality assurance plans by conducting ongoing analysis, identifying critical process milestones and preventive/proactive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures.
- Maintains and improves service quality for the A360 program, technical system, compliance, and process audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new services and support mechanisms and related training methods.
- Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, backlog issues, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Updates job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Identify training and development needs for the Access Services department including the Field Reimbursement Managers and Access 360 program operational roles: Intake, Reimbursement Specialist, Patient Access Associate, MAP Specialist through job analysis, appraisal and regular consultation with business managers and human resources departments
- Design and expand training and development programs based on both the organization’s and the individual’s needs;
- When appropriate, create training materials for in-house courses;
- Collaborate with Access Services leadership to create a strategy and then execute training and development programs
- Evaluating training and development programs; ensuring that statutory training requirements are met; amending and revising programs as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment;
- Continuously research new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and presenting this research.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater (education, general business, health sciences, managed healthcare, public policy or related disciplines are preferred)
- A minimum of 6 years related work experience designing, implementing and/or managing training/quality assurance teams
- Expert knowledge of reimbursement and patient assistance programs: operational policies and processes
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the issues, trends and needs as these relate to healthcare reimbursement and the managed care environment
- Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of MedImmune’s activities related to Patient Access Programs
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding goals and objectives
- Business travel, by air or car, is required for regular internal and external business meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design
- MBA or Master’s degree in related field
- Experience leading class room environment training (preferably in a corporate capacity)
- Relevant healthcare/ insurance experience with biologics
- Billing/ Coding background in buy and bill as Specialty Pharmacy market
- Previous experience in other functions within the pharmaceutical, biotech or related industry is preferred, e.g., case management, customer service & operations, etc
- Process improvement and analyzing divergent information
- Strategic planning using various quality / improvement techniques (e.g Lean, Six Sigma)
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Building effective teams
- Motivating others
- Managing without authority
- Understanding of project management fundamentals
- Ability to develop strategic plan/vision and execute
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Financial budget management
- Effective organizational management
- Strong negotiation skills
- Foster proactive quality improvements
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Proficient competency using Word, Excel and powerpoint
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple parallel projects