Posted On: 01-04-2024
Position Title: Associate Director, Workforce Management
Job Location: Remote/Work at Home in the United States – Primary Support Time – Eastern Time Zone
Apply Online: https://careers.humana.com/job/19656824/associate-director-workforce-management-us-nationwide/
Company Name: Humana – Enclara Pharmacia
Requisition: R- 326879
Become a part of our caring community and help us put health first
The Associate Director, Workforce Management applies and integrates advanced and predictive analysis, people metrics and reporting to develop strategic and operational insights for workforce decision-making (e.g., staffing, learning and development, talent management, diversity, and human resource compliance). The Associate Director, Workforce Management requires a solid understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across department(s). The Associate Director, Workforce Management assesses organizational staffing and identifies requirements and solutions to meet workforce objectives. Provides analysis of talent and staffing needs based on strategic planning at the enterprise level. Decisions are typically related to identifying and resolving complex technical and operational problems within department(s), and could lead multiple managers or highly specialized professional associates.
The Associate Director, Workforce Management assesses organizational staffing and identifies requirements and solutions to meet workforce objectives. Provides analysis of talent and staffing needs based on strategic planning at the enterprise level. Decisions are typically related to identifying and resolving complex technical and operational problems within department(s), and could lead multiple managers or highly specialized professional associates. Support organization operating seven days a week with morning, afternoon, and evening shifts.
Location: This position is Remote Nationwide. Potential for meeting travel 1-2 times per year
Hours: This position operates during traditional business hours, but occasional after hours or weekend work may be required
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Applying knowledge of workforce management to ensure operations are efficiently staffed to meet the needs of our customers
- Fostering positive relationships with operations to understand upcoming needs and changes in order to provide staffing guidance
- Bringing a curious mindset and being comfortable challenging assumptions in a positive manner to optimize resource allocation and margins
- Leading a team of remote workforce management associates to provide real-time (intraday) staffing updates and adjustments, scheduling, long-term staffing models, reporting and analytics, and other workforce management support to the organization
- Being responsible for associate growth and development
- Overseeing workforce management needs for multiple lines of business and partnering with the operational leaders to deliver a positive associate experience while meeting customer needs
- Serving as a trusted advisor and subject-matter expert for all workforce planning activities across Operations
- Continuously assessing existing workforce plans to ensure practical business alignment and exhibiting the ability to lead cross-functional teams in the design of alternative approaches
- Setting strategic direction in coordination with the director of workforce management and operational leaders
- Being comfortable working in a fast-paced environment supporting operations that occur 7 days a week
Use your skills to make an impact
- 6 or more years of Workforce Management experience
- Real-Time (Intraday) Movement
- Reporting and Analytics
- 2 or more years of people management experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analysis, critical thinking, and analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines with attention to detail
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences.
- Demonstrated proficiency in workforce forecasting and planning, with a robust understanding of contact center operations and back-office operations
- Demonstrated ability to lead and grow a team of workforce management focused associates
- Advanced Degree
- Prior experience in Process or Project Management
- Experience with Verint
- Experience scheduling a multi-routing environment
WAH Internet Policy Requirements:
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office employees’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office employees must meet the following criteria:
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
- Employees who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office employees with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
- Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Humana offers a variety of benefits to promote the best health and well-being of our employees and their families. We design competitive and flexible packages to give our employees a sense of financial security—both today and in the future, including:
- Health benefits effective day 1
- Paid time off, holidays, volunteer time and jury duty pay
- Recognition pay
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Tuition assistance
- Scholarships for eligible dependents
- Parental and caregiver leave
- Employee charity matching program
- Network Resource Groups (NRGs)
- Career development opportunities
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email/text correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this interview, you will listen to a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants may be asked to provide their Social Security Number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions on how to add the information into your official application on Humana’s secure website.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
The compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$123,800 – $170,400 per year
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description of Benefits
Humana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.
About Enclara: Pharmacia Enclara Pharmacia is the nation’s largest full-service hospice and palliative care Pharmacy Benefits Manager, offering compassionate and cost-effective services to our most vulnerable patients. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Humana, Enclara works closely with hospice providers to reduce pharmacy costs, improve patient care and support caregivers through digital innovations, flexible medication access, one-on-one clinical support and excellent customer service.
About Humana: Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) is committed to putting health first – for our teammates, our customers, and our company. Through our Humana insurance services, and our CenterWell healthcare services, we make it easier for the millions of people we serve to achieve their best health – delivering the care and service they need, when they need it. These efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, Medicaid, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Humana not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Humana to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.