Posted On: 08-10-2020
Position Title: Business Information Data Analyst
Location: Carmel IN – San Antonio TX – Irvine CA
Company: Capital Group
Contact Information: ROD@capgroup.com
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it’s more than that. It’s smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you’ll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You’ll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you’ll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
COVID-19 Hiring: We recognize how challenging it is to start a new role with a new company during this uncertain time. Our HR team and hiring managers are here to support you every step of the way. During the pandemic, we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. All of our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual. We encourage you to discuss Capital Group’s response to COVID-19 throughout your recruiting process.
Demonstrates an intermediate knowledge level in assigned area and works under direction only as needed. Provides reporting and analysis services to the American Funds Service Group (AFSG) . Integrates data from various enterprise sources and stores information in the AF Service data warehouse. Liaises between the business and Information Technology (IT) regarding data requirements, storing of data, report creation, issue resolution, analyzing reports, creating custom reporting and summarizing/sharing findings with various departments.
Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
- Contributes to statistical analysis and reporting
- Maintains working knowledge of American Funds enterprise data to assemble structured and unstructured data into usable information.
- Utilizes multiple internal and external sources to explore and test hypotheses regarding strategic business questions.
- Using various technical software and data visualization tools (e.g. Alteryx, SQL, Tableau), writes queries, creates and publishes analytical reports and presentations for AFSG leadership. Collaborates with IT in development of reports, including interactive reports, establishing reports that are auto-generated, and reports requiring DST-specific data.
- Consults with requesters (e.g., directors, general managers, and business liaisons) to understand information requirements and associated business decisions to determine the report format, content and structure. May analyze results and present summary of observations to the requester.
- Researches issues, including working with IT (as appropriate), to resolve defects/errors in reports.
- Ensures data definition consistency and quality
- Validates data structure and definitions; is a data steward. Analyzes AF Service data warehouse for quality improvement and data standardization; identifies and resolves issues.
- Identifies data definition inconsistencies and presents recommendations to management.
- Manages technology enhancement and upgrade list; logs enhancement requests and collaborates with IT to ensure completion.
- Provides training and support
- Educates others on reporting capabilities; provides training to management on creating reports, utilizing dashboard information and the application of data to their business.
- Completes user acceptance testing.
- Participates in projects
- Participates in data-related quality improvement projects regarding the AF Service data warehouse.
- Participates in predictive modeling and forecasting studies; may analyze the current business or market environment, identify trends, and determine conclusions.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrates sound judgment in resolving matters of moderate complexity.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and analytical skills in areas of moderate complexity.
- Demonstrates initiative by identifying issues and recommending solutions.
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of mutual funds products and competitors and ability to apply it to work assignments.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of statistical techniques, organizational performance assessment techniques and measurements used to manage the business and ability to apply it to work assignments.
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills with a diverse group of associates and senior business leaders.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of current statistical, data visualization, and data warehouse software packages, and ability to apply it to work assignments.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of database query languages and ability to apply it to work assignments.
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world’s largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.9 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.