Posted On: 10-26-2020
Position Title: Capacity Planner I – – Life Company (Job ID R0052560)
Job Location: San Antonio, Phoenix, Colorado Springs, Tampa Offices or Remote
Apply Online: https://www.usaajobs.com/job/san-antonio/capacity-planner-i-life-company-san-antonio-phoenix-colorado-springs-tampa-offices-or-remote/1207/17616262
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Capacity Planner I for a new Workforce management organization in the USAA Life Company. This role can be located in the San Antonio, Phoenix, Colorado Springs, Tampa Office or 100% Remote Work Environment. We are looking for innovative thinker that is current with the latest technology with a solutions and service mindset. This is a great opportunity to be part of a new organization and help shape the department!
Responsible for modeling forecasted workload variables, projects, and operational objectives to provide member contact areas with short-term and long-term capacity plans. Analyzes contact center trends to provide input on hiring plans reflecting workload requirements.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we’ve been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we’ve ranked among Victory Media’s Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers – Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Provides CoSA specific short-term and long-term tactical and strategic capacity plans that reflect forecasted workload factors, shrinkage and staffing.
- Advises and consults with CoSA executive management on capacity planning, strategic and tactical workload and resource planning design and implementation.
- Proactively provides transformational advice, key insights and solutions to resolve operational workload concerns.
- Acquires and applies deep awareness and understanding of CoSA strategic plan to ensure capacity plans across member contact areas are in alignment.
- Conducts CoSA specific scenario modeling that reflects forecasted workload variables, projects and operational objectives.
- Generates timely hiring plans reflecting workload requirements based on forecasted member demand and operational objectives.
- Conducts ongoing model validation and selection criteria using backcasting and variance minimization techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more years of experience capacity planning or scenario modeling
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 3 or more years of proven capacity planning experience
- 3 or more years of experience with business operations
- 3 or more years of experience working with Decisions (formerly known as CenterBridge)
- 5 or more years of experience using Advance excel skills
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.