Posted On: 6-18-2014
Position Title: Capacity Planner
Job Location: San Antonio, TX
Job Number: 19651
We are currently seeking talented Capacity Planner for our San Antonio, TX facility. (Qualified candidates may also be considered to work from the Phoenix, AZ facility)
Purpose of Job:
Responsible for modeling forecasted workload variables, projects, and operational objectives to provide member contact areas with short-term and long-term capacity plans. Analyzes contact center trends to provide input on hiring plans reflecting workload requirements.
- Provides CoSA specific short-term and long-term tactical and strategic capacity plans that reflect forecasted workload factors, shrinkage and staffing.
- Advises and onsults with CoSA executive management on capacity planning, strategic and tactical workload and resource planning design and implementation.
- Proactively provides transformational advice, key insights and solutions to resolve operational workload concerns.
- Acquires and applies deep awareness and understanding of CoSA strategic plan to ensure capacity plans across member contact areas are in alignment.
- Conducts CoSA specific scenario modeling that reflects forecasted workload variables, projects and operational objectives.
- Generates timely hiring plans reflecting workload requirements based on forecasted member demand and operational objectives.
- Conducts ongoing model validation and selection criteria using backcasting and variance minimization techniques.
- 6+ years experience capacity planning or scenario modeling
- 1+ year experience telecommunications tools, various contact channels, call routing & workload delivery systems
- Bachelor’s degree or 6 years equivalent capacity planning experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics or Statistics
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Previous experience using Cisco, Centerbridge, IEX and AVAYA & other workforce management tools.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services organization, USAA is on a mission – to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide by providing a full range of financial services and products. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 26,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked # 17 in Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2014 and marking our fifth straight year in the list’s Top 50, we are proud to receive consistently outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an EEO/AA Employer – all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Apply via https://search.usaajobs.com/en-US/Search-Jobs/Xsjp and enter Requisition #: 19651