Posted On: 12-24-2015
Position Title: Contact Center Resource Planning Manager
Job Location: Various locations in Michigan
Excellent career opportunity available – lead the Resource Planning Team within Customer Operations.
The Resource Planning Team at Consumers Energy is an integral part of the Customer Experience Delivery Team. Each year the team plans, forecasts, and schedules for the over five million live calls that are handled on an annual basis and coordinates both the strategic plan and vision for the handling of customer contacts as well as the tactical delivery of calls and email.
Key aspects of this position include the traditional Workforce Management of our 5 contact centers as well as co-managing a third party vendor. Key Workforce Management deliverables include staff plans, recruitment planning, short-term and long-term planning, and scheduling of all Contact Center operations, KPI delivery, and best-in-class service delivery consultation. This position also acts as the main contact for the quantitative delivery of KPIs for vendor partners to ensure our customers’ satisfaction.
Scope of duties and responsibilities:
- Manages a 5 member team directly as well as 6 indirect reports
- Manages relationship with third-party business process outsourcer
- Provides guidance and direction to operational leaders and front-line employees
- Contributes to employee conflict resolution within our bargaining unit environment
- Ensures consistent application of scheduling and management at each of our 5 virtualized contact centers
- Owns the Strategic-Staff Plan for Contact Centers
- Manages Tactical Staffing and Scheduling for Contact Centers
- Owns Tactical Delivery of Operational Accessibility Metrics
- Manages Relationships with Third Party Vendors and Internal Stakeholders
- Owns key metrics that are part of the greater organization’s annual goals
Successful candidate qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related and the knowledge/capabilities typically acquired through 10+ years of job-relevant experience, inclusive of resource planning (workforce management), contact center operations and project management while exhibiting a progressive work history
- Experience working in a bargaining unit (union) environment (preferred)
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with an ability to understand the long-term (“big picture”)
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities in order to drive key decisions for daily and long-term planning
- Ability to manage projects, including monitoring scope, schedule, cost, quality, dependencies, and benefits throughout the project lifecycle
- Demonstrated leadership ability to oversee and manage a team who may be partially virtual in order to enable successful goal or project delivery
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence and negotiate to ensure positive outcomes in the delivery of services, including the ability to communicate effectively to both internally and externally facing organizations
- Proven ability to manage relationships with vendors to include business process outsourcers as well as vendor engagements to launch new services, from RFP thru delivery
- Ability to work as a contact center expert with limited oversight or direction
- Availability for occasional on-call responsibilities that may be assigned as needed
*Must be able to report to work at one of our contact centers in Lansing, Grand Rapids, Saginaw, Alma, or Royal Oak. Frequent travel throughout these five locations and our headquarters building in Jackson is also required.
We are Consumers Energy, Michigan’s energy provider and the career destination for driven professionals serious about service. This sense of service makes us unique, and Consumers Energy employees know it. We all perform an essential role, and we all benefit from a satisfaction rarely found in a job. Join our 7,500 diverse employees in diverse careers that extend from Traverse City to Adrian.
This position offers an excellent salary and benefits package consistent with experience. For a detailed job description and to apply, please visit our corporate website at:
Apply to Job Req. # 50884576. Interested candidates must submit a resume online by 01/22/2016.
Consumers Energy is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer committed to building and connecting with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against and will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran status, disability, race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Count on Us
WORKING TO DELIVER THE ENERGY YOU NEED, WHENEVER YOU NEED IT.
THAT’S OUR PROMISE TO MICHIGAN!