Posted On: 10-13-2016
Position Title: Contact Center Workforce Manager
Job Location: Raleigh, NC
Company Name: BB&T
Contact Information:https://www.bbt.com/careers/default.page – use Requisition Number: 47680BR in Search to submit application.
The Contact Center Workforce Manager leads a centralized workforce management staff responsible for support of Contact Center operational functions that include forecasting, scheduling, and management of intra-day performance and service for a multi-site, multi-skilled 24 x 7 Contact Center operations. The workforce consists of agent groups responsible for handling front and back-office operations, including inbound and outbound communications via phone, email, chat, and ticket management. Implements best practices in workforce management to ensure consistent procedures and data-driven, timely decisions. Workforce Management activities are performed to maximize efficiency while meeting requirements for the organization’s vision, mission and customer strategies. Knowledgeable of emerging industry trends.
- Leads the Contact Center planning and staffing process. Analyzes contact volumes and patterns. Ensures contact center and staffing models include accurate, updated information. Captures, stores, and reports on historical statistics (service level, occupancy, forecast accuracy, etc.) and provides root-cause analysis and business impact analysis for all performance variances. Identifies contact volume trends and averages on a monthly, quarterly, and seasonal basis. Reports the workload trends and staffing requirements to management and executive leadership teams. Utilizes workforce management software and various internal data sources to accurately forecast contacts – both short and long-term – and determine staffing requirements. Establishes and maintains communication channels regarding events that impact contact workload. Communicates necessary adjustments to workforce requirements based on dynamic forecasts; re-forecasts when necessary.
- Accountable for timely delivery of agent schedules developed by Workforce Analysts. Oversees proactive scheduling of discretionary activities such as training, meetings, and overtime. Ensures schedules make effective use of resources while meeting service objectives and scheduling accuracy goals.
- Oversees and maintains the Genesys Workforce Management (WFM) Platform utilized for forecasting, scheduling, tracking, monitoring and reporting the daily/monthly call center statistics to include volumes, schedule adherence and service level achievement.
- Oversees intra-day staffing and service, including analysis of real-time workload and call routing to manage performance to service level requirements. Responsible for development, implementation, and recurring review/update of the communication and execution strategies to utilize when staffing issues are identified and adjustments are required. Analyzes and addresses escalated service delivery issues when needed between Contact Center Managers and Workforce Analysts.
- Works in partnership with Contact Center Management, Quality, Training, and Operational teams to coordinate the hiring and training of new employees, as well as the ongoing development and multi-skill training for existing employees. Coordinates with Workforce Analysts, peer groups, and Contact Center Managers across sites to identify opportunities for service improvements and business optimization.
- Effectively leads professional staff to ensure efficient utilization and development of resources. Provides appropriate training and development opportunities. Responsible for increasing awareness about Workforce Management and providing ongoing education to staff throughout the enterprise Contact Centers to ensure appropriate knowledge levels regarding general workforce management practices, including the effective use of workforce planning and adherence tools.
- Leverage industry leading processes and technology to drive workforce decision-making that will enhance the overall customer experience.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in workforce management by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies. Researches and recommends vendor solutions for forecasting and scheduling activities.
SKILLS and CORE COMPETENCIES
- Strong understanding of Call Center technology to include WFM solutions, IVR’s, ACD’s, ACD reporting, and contact routing strategies.
- Self-motivated and must excel in a minimally managed, high profile position. Ability to work independently with efficient time management skills, adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Advanced mathematical skills, knowledge of and ability to calculate statistics. Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of personnel within the organization, including presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, senior leadership, and executive levels.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to lead, coach, and develop staff. Ability to exercise initiative and judgment as well as make decisions within the scope of assigned authority
- Ability to manage multiple programs/projects simultaneously. Experience handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment as an individual contributor or team member
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6-8+ years of Contact Center Workforce Management experience. 3-5+ years of experience as Workforce Analyst and 2+ years WFM Supervisory/Management experience.
- Extensive experience in using workforce management software solutions, preferably Genesys WFM.
- Extensive experience with forecasting, capacity planning and statistical analysis.
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.