Posted On: 07-30-2020
Position Title: CUSTOMER SERVICE CALL CENTER PLANNER AND SCHEDULER
Job Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Apply Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/oklahomacity
Department Information, Job Summary and Essential Job Functions
This position is located in the Customer Service Division Call Center in the Utilities Department and is under the direction of an immediate supervisor. The Customer Service Call Center Planner and Scheduler is a full proficiency, para-professional classification responsible for ensuring the efficient use of resources and preparing plans and production schedules to coordinate operational and maintenance activities. Essential job functions include: creating routine to complex work schedules to determine scheduling sequence and lead time of each project or operation activity to meet forecasted master schedule; analyzing call volume and data; and performing mathematical calculations to schedule personnel and equipment requirements for prompt call pick-up, correct account information, accurate billing, and satisfactory issue resolution. The employee plans and schedules workflow for each resource and/or operation according to previously established sequences and lead times, and other operations for guidance of personnel. The Customer Service Call Center Planner and Scheduler confers with department supervisors and management to determine status of projects and facilitate project completion according to schedule, expedites operations activities that delay schedules, alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions and prepares production reports. The employee may provide functional supervision to nontechnical staff, with work products subject to review by a division manager or an immediate supervisor.
Honorably discharged veterans of the United States Active Duty Armed Forces, National Guard and Reserve Forces who are not currently employed full-time by the City of Oklahoma City shall receive five (5) points added to the passing score on an initial selection process. Qualified applicants must upload or submit a copy of their DD Form 214 or NGB Form 22 indicating discharge type/character of service at the time of application.
- Knowledge of workforce management.
- Knowledge of and proficient with MS office products (Excel, Project, Word, etc.).
- Skill in analyzing data.
- Skill establishing timelines, coordinating activities, and working projects through to completion.
- Skill in devising solutions to planning problems.
- Skill in retaining and recalling information.
- Skill in conveying technical information verbally and in writing.
- Skill in relating to others with tact and diplomacy.
- Skill in establishing goals and objectives.
- Ability to create and communicate assignment sheets.
- Ability to follow direction.
- Ability to work together with department and city staff and/or contract representatives.
- Ability to communicate ideas, instructions, questions, problems, and solutions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willingness to assume responsibility for decisions made and work performed.
- Possession of a valid Certified Workforce Planning Professional (CWPP) certification.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Primarily indoors in a climate-controlled environment, subject to sitting, standing, walking, or using a telephone for extended periods of time.
- Subject to continuous exposure to light and glare from a computer monitor.
- Subject to frequent low-level noise of a keyboard, ten-key, copy machine, telephone, and other office equipment.
- Occasionally required to work beyond normal work hours or to change work hours when conducting training, system analysis or implementation.
- Occasional local and out-of-town travel.
- Arm and hand steadiness and finger dexterity enough to operate equipment such as keyboard, telephone, etc.
- Near vision enough to read written and machine generated documents such as computer-generated reports, standardized forms, video display terminal, etc.
- Speech and hearing enough to communicate in person and by telephone.
NOTE: Full-time employees on the Interdepartmental lateral transfer/voluntary demotion list who are interested in this position must submit an application through the standard process.
NOTE TO FORMER EMPLOYEES: To participate in any selection process, former employees must be eligible for rehire. If you are unsure of your rehire status, please contact the Human Resources Department at (405) 297-2530. If your rehire status has been coded “Not Eligible,” “Eligible 3,” or “Conditional,” you will need to request a review of your rehire status through the Human Resources Department’s Labor Relations Division.
NOTE: Upon a conditional offer and acceptance of employment, the City of Oklahoma City will conduct a background investigation/verification. Applicants will be provided contact information for any third-party reporting agencies used to collect background information in connection with conditional offers of employment.
NOTE: Applicants will be provided a copy of the City of Oklahoma City’s Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy upon conditional offer and acceptance of the position and prior to being directed for a health screen/physical examination and drug test.
NOTE: Completion of the supplemental questions is required. Applicant responses to supplemental questions must specifically answer the questions asked. Responses to supplemental questions must be supported by work history/information listed on the application/resume. Applications may not be reviewed if specific responses to supplemental questions have not been provided.
If you require reasonable accommodation at any time during the hiring process, please notify one of the Human Resources Department Representatives by calling 405-297-2530.