Posted On: 3/30/2016
Position Title: Data Analyst
Job Location: Memphis, TN
Apply at: https://www.sedgwick.com/careers/Pages/careersearch.aspx and select TN, Data Analyst – Contact Centers
CLAIM YOUR FUTURE AS A GREAT PERFORMER!
Providing both satisfying and challenging work along with a highly professional and friendly work atmosphere, Sedgwick has a strong commitment to its colleagues and its clients. If you are seeking a place where you can do great things for those whose lives you touch while maximizing your own career possibilities, Sedgwick is the place for you. As the largest and most innovative Third Party Administrator in the claims industry and the first and only TPA to receive both recognition as the Best TPA in America and the coveted Employer of Choice designation, we invite you to come be a part of our team and, “Claim Your Future.”
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To collect, analyze and report data; to be responsible for the data integrity; and to generate reports verifying and ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compiles data; prepares and distributes reports; and analyzes results.
- Ensures data integrity; develops and produces reports utilized in measuring data accuracy.
- May assist in the completion of appropriate client set-up and maintenance (parameter) forms.
- Supports internal and external users including reports, installation, screen, etc.
- Creates exception reports to identify fields of incorrect data.
- Generates custom reports for internal and external client.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization’s quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
Five (5) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Two (2) years query and report writing experience strongly preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of query and report writing
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
- Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
- Work hours – 8:30am – 5pm (M-F)
- 2-3 years of experience/familiarity in a call center environment.
- Strong knowledge of database query and report writing, specifically with SQL and MS Access, and advanced MS Excel skills. Familiarity with Visual Basic, Business Objects, SSRS or SSBI a plus.
- Strong math and statistics skills.
- Six Sigma or other statistical modeling experience a plus