Posted On: 01-16-2018
Position Title: Director Workforce Planning
Job Location: Irving, TX
Apply Online: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=08950-142521&lang=en#.WmC2s0lyEK0.mailto
Parallon in Irving (Valley Ranch), Texas, is seeking candidates with experience in business performance management, to find efficiency in staffing and productivity processes in Revenue Cycle, including Patient Access.
We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Parallon, subsidiary of HCA, is an industry-leader, providing Revenue Cycle Services primarily for our HCA acute care hospitals across the U.S. We are dedicated to our values and passionate about finding servant leaders for our fast-growing division in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
The Director Workforce Planning is responsible for workforce management to support the strategic direction and performance improvement initiatives of the Shared Service Center (SSC). This role will work cross-functionally with department Directors and Executive Leadership to optimize the organization’s daily staffing and to identify processes/areas that will enable the achievement of SSC performance improvement goals.
Supervisor – SSC CFO
Supervises – N/A
Duties (included but not limited to):
- Own/Champion the labor management analysis process including but not limited to productivity and other labor metrics such as Man-hour stats, FTE data,
- Ensure SSC departments staff appropriately for actual and projected account volumes including developing and monitoring staff scheduling
- Review daily productivity data to identify departments that require Work with COO’s, CFO, CEO and Department Directors to ensure compliance to productivity goals.
- Continually monitor productivity goals to ensure they are appropriate.
- Minimize use of overtime, temp labor and other premium labor through management
- Analyze business processes to identify potential issues or opportunities for cost savings in labor management and propose solutions to SSC Department Directors and Executive
- Work closely with HR to ensure best practice in timely and appropriateness of PAF’s and requisitions including the timely hiring and training of
- Support the SSC departments by providing weekly and monthly productivity data
- Assist Directors in managing information effectively to improve departmental efficiency and
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Staffing Analysis Skills – knowledge of research techniques sufficient to collect and interpret Knowledge of descriptive statistics to analyze statistical data and prepare projections and recommendations related to staffing. Skill in interpreting and analyzing data and quantitative metrics for correctness and accuracy. Ability to apply business intelligence strategies to convert staffing business cases into solutions.
- Organization – proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
- Communication – communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately. The ability to communicate with staff, Parallon Management, Division and Group Executives
- Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal skills – able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- PC skills – demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Leadership – guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
- Tactical execution – oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
- Project Management – assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
- Policies & Procedures – demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Basic skills – demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe
Bachelor’s Degree, Prefer Bachelor’s degree in Management Engineering.
Minimum seven years’ experience in related area with two of these years being in a role as a Staffing leader.
Staff management experience which includes in-depth knowledge of staffing
Experience with mathematical concepts: ratios, productivity, work units, accounts receivables, as well as basic knowledge of business and management principles involved in staffing, scheduling, timekeeping, human resources, and payroll.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Requires prolonged sitting/standing, some bending, stooping, walking and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports or other information. Requires lifting papers/boxes and pushing/pulling up to 25 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment or hospital setting. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.