Director, Operations Support
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina is looking for an exceptional Director of Operations Support for our Durham and Winston Salem, NC call/contact centers. This key role will provide leadership, management, and strategy for management teams to ensure operational excellence and customer satisfaction. It will also implement and manage effective processes and call/contact center technologies to achieve friendly, knowledgeable product support, customer and employee satisfaction and retention, and achievement of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Provide leadership, vision, and direction for the BCBSNC call/contact centers. Lead and set goals for teams responsible for identifying, coordinating, and implementing initiatives/projects and activities that create efficiencies, optimize systems & processes, track workforce performance, and promote quality. Direct multiple business units overseeing areas that include: workforce management, auditing, training, policy and procedure development, software administration, software vendor management, resource allocation and tracking, production support, operations monitoring & controls, continuous process improvement, system simplification, process re-engineering, program management & oversight, business & data analysis, and project/program delivery.
Major Job Functions/Components
- Provide leadership, vision, and direction for assigned teams:
- Command Center
- Quality & Training
- Systems & Applications
- Business & Process Documentation
- Provide full spectrum of leadership over command center workforce management for 800 employees to include:
- Capacity Planning
- Intra-Day Management
- Design and implement world class training and incentive based quality program, for service professionals
- Lead and oversee optimization of existing systems, processes, and workflows.
- Direct the overall integrity and functionality of departmental business applications.
- System administration to include, configuration coding, and oversight of system configuration for owned applications.
- Product implementation and enhancement support.
- Research, analysis, and user assessment of technology and systems to ensure adequate application support.
- Develop, coach and motivate others to take actions that support and reflect the core values and desired future state.
- Develop and manage departmental budgets including forecasting and variance analyses.
- Lead initiatives to develop, modify, and improve the effectiveness of the department by looking at processes, root cause analysis, system enhancements, re-engineering, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8 years experience managing multifunctional operational area or IS application/software development experience
- In lieu of bachelor’s degree, 10 years experience managing multifunctional operational area or IS application/software development experience
- 7 years leadership experience
|Additional Education/Experience Preferences
- 3 years of workforce management experience in a multidimensional in-bound contact center environment, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Lean Six Sigma or other process improvement methodology certification.
- Experience with Genesis, Aspect, Verint, Avaya and other contact center technology
- Strong vendor management skills
- Experience in leading and implementing projects
- Experience in leading/facilitating strategic development and execution.
- A significant focus and demonstrated track record of strong people leadership and structuring a team based work environment.
- Demonstrated success in coaching, giving constructive feedback and developing employees.
- Ability to respond to rapidly changing priorities and promote flexibility/change management techniques.
- Excellent problem solving and consultative skills; and the ability to proactively identify and resolve issues and opportunities.
- Excellent quantitative/analytic skills for assessing and interpreting call center performance data
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills and proven ability to develop and deliver high impact presentations to senior executives
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills are essential to engage, lead and direct employees outside own organization
- Experience developing, implementing, and monitoring budgets.
- Social media experience.
**Relocation assistance available**
To apply, please visit our website at www.bcbsnc.com/careers and search for Job # 9832BR