Posted On: 9-26-2015
Position Title: Director WFM
Job Location: Please note: This position can be based from any of our Contact Centers: Aurora, CO, Rochester, NY, Florence, KY, Lincolnshire, IL or Framingham, MA.
Contact: Karen Martinez
Lead Talent Acquisition SpecialistStaples, Inc.
Provide exceptional leadership, clear direction, and continuous guidance to the Workforce Management teams responsible for Call Routing, Forecasting, Capacity Planning, Scheduling and Real Time Management including internal and outsource resources for the NAD Customer Service Contact Centers. Consistently and pro-actively partner with business leaders to communicate staffing requirements and hiring recommendations.
Work in conjunction with WFM leadership team to establish best practices and refine processes within WFM that support NAD Customer Service objectives and overall business strategy.
- Budgetary responsibilities which includes assisting in the preparation of the annual CSR budget for all supported business units and monitoring/reporting on expenditures in relation to the budget
- Direct WFM team in all aspects of Workforce Management including Forecasting, Capacity Planning, Scheduling, and Real Time Management for over 2000 agents across multiple business units
- Responsible for all contact routing including voice, email, chat and other contact types
- Coordinate with Operations, Technology, Telecom and other appropriate groups to build disaster recovery and contingency plans
- Provide long term staffing strategy and forecasts for 3rd Party Outsource Providers
- Monitor CSR behaviors, efficiency and availability for use in planning and report deficiencies and opportunities to operations and management teams
- Develop the short/long term WFM operating strategy for our Customer Service Expert Center
- Results-focused, with an aptitude for handling multiple and changing priorities efficiently and effectively
- Serve as the business owner for all workforce and related tools including Avaya, Aspect eWFM, Kana and others
- Develop and implement best in class workforce management process and models
- Recommend new technologies as appropriate for contact center routing and workforce management tools
- Build and maintain solid relationships between the WFM Team and Operational team at all levels in the business units that the group supports
- Build relationships with our outsource partners to ensure the partnership is adding value to our customer service operations
- Manages/directs workforce management (WFM) resources to achieve contact center performance objectives
- Build and maintain a team environment, encouraging out-of-the-box thinking and modelling behavior that fosters Staples values and culture
- Oversees responsibilities and performance of team.
- Conduct full performance appraisals and coaching for direct reports.
- Review and approve pay actions for indirect reports
- Calculate and deliver long and short-term staffing requirements; collaborate with business leaders to make staffing decisions that support operational objectives
- Create schedules using contact center best practices that ensure achievement of service level, schedule adherence and other financially impacting goals using projections and/or historical data
- Responsible for monitoring processes and reporting to ensure staffing goals are accurate and facilitating real-time communication and adjustments with the Operations Team to optimize schedule adherence, occupancy, service level and overall efficiencies
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred– preferred in Business, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or Computer Information Systems
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience leading a workforce management team in a multi-channel, multi-site contact center environment
- A solid understanding of call center tools, i.e. ACD’s, chat tools, email distribution systems and scheduling tools and processes
- Advanced level experience with Aspect eWFM (IEX, Pipkins, Blue Pumpkin) preferred
- Global Outsource experience
- Experience with Micro-Strategy reporting a plus
- Demonstrate a well-defined customer-centric approach to workforce management in a dynamic environment
- High degree of initiative and flexibility. Must be able to set a great example; embrace and quickly adapt to change. Must be able to lead the WFM Team as well as internal customers through changes to the work environment, volume, business processes, systems and other changes
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to successfully interact with senior management, operations personnel, support groups and all levels of WFM staff
- Excellent decision making skills. Must be able to make good business decisions using factual and sometimes limited data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to communicate professionally and convincingly with internal customers, colleagues, and all levels of management
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences; must be able to make effective presentations to a wide variety of audiences under varying circumstances
- Demonstrate project management and organizational skills. Must be able to effectively lead and coordinate cross-functional teams to deliver desired results in the time frame required. Must be able to evaluate and effectively prioritize several projects independently. Effective delegation skills, utilizing the talents of the team while maintaining an appropriate level of control and responsibility
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Must be able to identify root causes to problems and develop solutions to eliminate recurrence. Must be able to analyze data, perform financial analysis and develop, monitor and adhere to budget requirements
- Demonstrate experience in the development of efficient business processes; application of advanced problem solving skills; application of quality management skills including the development of quality and productivity measurements; and solid operations management, project leadership and personnel management and development
Demonstrate experience in the development of efficient business processes; application of advanced problem solving skills; application of quality management skills including the development of quality and productivity measurements; and solid operations management, project leadership and personnel management and development
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.