Date Posted: 05-12-2021
Position Title: Director Workforce Management
Job Location: Columbus, OH
Apply Online: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2503804453
Director Workforce Management
IF YOU CARE, THERE’S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick’s talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets—their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To initiate and implement advanced workforce management planning and optimization practices for the organization; to optimize resource performance across multiple operations and business units utilizing automated workforce tools; and to ensure organizational performance requirements and client specific service level commitments are met.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS And RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, supports, and drives the strategic objectives of the workforce management organization on behalf of multiple business units and in alignment with enterprise goals.
- Forms effective partnerships with various contact center operations, business unit leadership, and corporate support functions to understand and address organizational staffing requirements.
- Ensures development and execution of organizational and site level long term forecasts and workforce budgets; initiates staffing and scheduling modifications in response to changing business needs and client profiles.
- Identifies technology needs related to areas of responsibility; initiates and implements industry leading technology and process improvement projects.
- Develops and maintains reporting resources required for marketing, pricing, analytical, and daily operational purposes.
- Responsible for development and continuous improvement of organizational reporting structure to support client, marketing, pricing, analytical, and daily operations reporting requirements.
- Ensures National Contact Center and other supported service operations achieve required service level through development and implementation of effective recruiting and staffing processes.
- Communicates with executive leadership regarding long and short term forecasts, impact of procedural and process changes, and other staffing and operational effectiveness issues.
- Initiates and implements enhanced workforce management practices for the organization, including direction of multi-site Service Center workforce management functions, scheduling, administration, and providing support, direction, and development of direct reports.
- Ensures organizational alignment through cooperative development of individual and departmental objectives with operations management team; provides individual and organizational feedback on performance at minimum six (6) month intervals.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS And RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Supports the total performance management initiative.
- Travels as required.
- Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows company staffing standards and training recommendations.
- Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance development plans; conducts colleague performance discussions.
- Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to promote maximum performance.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent strongly preferred.
Ten (10) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required to include six (6) years of inbound call center workforce management, supervisory or customer service management experience. Experience administering automated workforce management tools (preferably Blue Pumpkin/Witness systems) in multi-site environment preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of automated workforce management tools (preferably Blue Pumpkin/Witness systems) in multi-site environment
- Excellent knowledge of multi-channel service center processes and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to include reporting and presentations
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products and presentation software
- Leadership/;management/motivational skills
- Flexibility and agility in managing multiple and conflicting priorities
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Ability to work independently, identify issues, and articulate potential solution and course of action
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit Security Clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.