Posted On 5-10-14
Position Title: Director, Workforce Planning
Job Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
“The most complicated workforce planning environment I have ever seen”
The above quote comes from a 30 year veteran in the workforce planning industry. Why did he come to this conclusion? Best to contact us to learn more (a long story).
We have a big, hairy challenge and we’re looking for those that are ready to take it on. You’ll love this job if you thrive in fast-moving environment (the job will not get stale or boring, for sure). You’ll be excited everyday you come to work if you are seeking to manage forecasting/scheduling/service levels across multiple centers in the US, work-at-home, and centers opening up across the globe. You’ll be in the right place if you want to work for a supportive company that appreciates what you do and is willing to invest in your growth (talk to the employees that have grown their careers here).
Interactions is seeking candidates for the position of Director, Workforce Planning. In this role you will be responsible for the planning and execution of workforce deployment to ensure all client commitments are met while maintaining a high level of efficiency, quality and cost optimization.
The successful candidate will have a BA/BS degree and a minimum of 8 to 10 years experience working in a call center environment with at least five years experience in a workforce planning leadership role. Strong business, operational, and analytical skills required. The ability to effectively communicate, with a wide range of audiences both orally and in writing is essential. Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and develop team is required.
Interactions uses AC2 Solutions software for workforce scheduling. Experience with AC2 software is highly desirable, but not required. Candidates must have a proven track record of using workforce-planning software to optimize scheduling and other associated workforce processes.
Interactions Corporation is an innovative, venture-backed voice self-service tech firm with offices in Boston, MA, Franklin, MA, Indianapolis, IN and Austin, TX. We strive to revolutionize the way calls by consumers to self-service systems are handled by providing virtual assistant applications that are more conversational than traditional systems based on speech recognition alone. The result is a significantly improved customer experience and an increase in customer loyalty that at the same time allows businesses to realize the full economic benefits of self-service.
Our Patented technology uses real intelligence and natural language technology to create a unprecedented ‘understanding engine’ that empowers large, consumer-facing businesses like Hyatt, Best-Western and Wyndham Hotel Group as well as some of the most well-known retails brands in the world improve economics AND customer engagement.
In 2013 alone, we won Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the year as well as a Stevie Gold award for interactional business and Gartner’s Cool Vendor award.
Works with business leaders and iCenter leadership focusing on pre-planning and execution, driving to meet customer commitments while maintaining a high level of efficiency, reducing variation, and focusing on cost optimization. Ensures execution of business continuity plans as appropriate.
Essential Job Functions*:
- Provide strategic leadership over the workforce planning for iCenter activities across multiple sites, optimizing service and quality levels and ensuring most efficient use of resources.
- Ensure scheduling tools are leveraged to maintain an efficient workforce.
- Drive a culture of root cause analysis, with a focus on removing variation from the system and removing defects from processes.
- Analyze performance data and work to re-engineer processes through benchmarking with external and internal business partners
- Manage Key performance Metrics and subsequent drivers, implementing actions for improvement
- Create strategies to maximize resources, while improving service to our customers
- Partner with iCenter manager and SVP Operations regarding forecasting / planning based on actual experience and trend analyses and implement necessary tactics to achieve service targets
- Analyze, develop action plan and resolve service delivery and / or service level issues. Manage all scheduling –related communications to the site.
- Develop and maintain business continuation / disaster recovery plans for iCenter routing.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a Culture where diversity is embraced, and the development of employees into top talent is critical
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BA / BS degree and/or 8 to 10 years’ experience working in a call center.
- Five years of leadership experience working in a call center, preferably in workforce planning required
- Strong business, operational and procedural knowledge of a call center
- Proven track record of leading change, driving performance and reducing operational defects.
- Understanding of call center planning and routing software and programming requirements
- Business focus to understand companies vision, mission and strategy to achieve long and short term goals
- Strong problem solving skills that enable quick identification and efficient resolution of issues
- Ability to convey thoughts (orally and written) in a clear, concise, and timely manner appropriate for the audience
- Ability to provide quality customer service by anticipating, understanding, and striving to achieve customer needs.
- Experience with AC2 software.
- General working knowledge of Human Resource policies and procedures
- Highly respected individual with ability to influence others and build strong relationships.
Visit our website: www.interactions.net or Apply Online: https://www5.apply2jobs.com/Interactions/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=12&CurrentPage=1