Scheduling Strategies: Definitions and Decisions for Successful Schedules — A successful schedule plan involves many decisions on the front end that can impact the long-term and short-term effectiveness of the work shifts. In this session, learn about the fundamental concepts of calculating and applying shrinkage to arrive at schedule requirements, along with considerations of defining schedule components. Hear about how to decide on optimal schedule horizon, shift definitions, and schedule constraints, as well as some of the best strategies for optimizing schedule coverage and minimizing cost.
Seminar attendees will learn to:
- Identify the steps in schedule creation
- Identify and apply shrinkage
- Understand the impact of rules & constraints
- Understand trade-offs of occupancy and abandon goals
- Explore options for staff assignment to schedules
- Review options for scheduling secondary work