A successful schedule plan involves many decisions on the front end that can impact the long-term and short-term effectiveness of the work shifts. In this session, learn about the fundamental concepts of calculating and applying shrinkage to arrive at schedule requirements, along with considerations of defining schedule components. Hear about how to decide on optimal schedule horizon, shift definitions, and schedule constraints, as well as some of the best strategies for optimizing schedule coverage and minimizing cost.
Seminar attendees will learn to:
- Define long-term and short-term shrinkage.
- Calculate and apply shrinkage to schedule requirements.
- Evaluate long and short scheduling horizons.
- Identify rules and constraints that can impede the scheduling process.
- Identify creative shift definitions to maximize coverage and minimize cost.
- Describe options for scheduling other events and tasks.