Posted On: 10-1-2016
Position Title: Lead Workforce Planning Analyst
Job Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Contact Information: applicants can apply as follows: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWEbHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25386&siteid=5192&AReq=8099BR
Job Requisition Number: 8099BR
Work Schedule: Full Time
Employment Type: Regular Term Employee
There’s never been a better time to join Blue Shield!
Looking for a chance to do meaningful work that touches millions? Come join the hardest working, nonprofit health plan in California and help us shape the future of health care. Blue Shield of California is focused on transforming health care by making it more accessible, affordable and customer-centric. Being a mission-driven organization means we do much more than serve our 3.5 million members: we were the first health plan in the nation to limit our annual net income to 2 percent of revenue and return the difference to our customers and the community, and since 2005 we have contributed more than $325 million to the Blue Shield of California Foundation to improve community health and end domestic violence. We also believe that a healthier California begins with our employees, so we provide them with resources to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle through our award-winning wellness program, Wellvolution.
We’re hiring smart thinkers and doers who want to work for a leader and innovator in the challenging, ever-changing healthcare space. Come and help us make health care better for everyone.
Our Workforce Planning Analyst team a sector part of our Customer Experience unit. The Analyst on this team, work to ensure member service needs are met through accurate forecasting in support of our various business areas.
The primary functions of the group include:
- Analyzing customer contact center trends, including call volumes and call patterns, to forecast workload needed to support various channels.
- Provide data and additional information to be used for capacity planning.
- Delivers results of analysis and recommendations to various business partners and leadership to support the Blue Shield of California mission
- Workforce Planning seeks to add a Lead analyst to the team. The role is an individual contributor position that reports to the Manager, Workforce planning, and Analytics.
The responsibilities of the Lead role include but are not limited to:
- Creating long term and short term forecasts
- Appling intermediate knowledge of forecasting methodologies and tools.
- Working closely with operations leaders to understand headcount levels, helps develop hiring plans and maintain staff plans.
- Utilizing data from various workforce management tools to provide in-depth analysis of workload factors for lines of business with basic to highly complex member contact areas and/or back office functions.
- Analyzing actual results against plan and forecast and recommends interventions where appropriate.
- Gathering information, business intelligence, analyzes data trends, identifies the root cause(s) and provides information to team members and department leadership.
- Effectively partnering with appropriate business areas to integrate member channel demand into the overall forecast.
- Facilitating presentations to various levels of management.
- Working under limited supervision, using established procedures.
- Instructing instruct, guide and oversee work of lower-level professionals and/or non-exempt staff.
Job Required Education/Experience
- Associate’s Degree 3 – 5years
- 4+ years experience scheduling, forecasting or capacity planning to include advanced utilization of workforce management tools & data analysis tools, telecommunications tools, contact routing and workload delivery systems
- 2+ years utilizing and implementing forecasting methodologies
- Proficient skill level in interpersonal and verbal/written communications, presentations, math, analytical and problem-solving, use of analytical tools
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws.