Posted On: 11-18-2014
Position Title: Long Range Forecast Analyst V: 915198
Job Location: Framingham, MA; Florence, KY; Aurora, CO; Rochester, NY; Lincolnshire, IL; Brooklyn Park, MN; Halifax, NS; Regina, SK
The Long Range Forecasting Analyst V is responsible for organizing, normalizing and analyzing historical data along with available business intelligence to produce a forecast of future daily workload. Specifically, responsible for long-range, intermediate, and near-term forecasts of work units and handle time for various work types, including calls, email, chat, and offline contacts across numerous contact types and lines of business. Support Customer Service BPO initiatives by proving timely cost-savings and productivity analysis in order to ensure overall Outsourcing effectiveness. Assist or lead initiatives to improve the forecasting, staff planning, annual budget, or monthly budget reconciliation processes by building models that incorporate key WFM metrics as well as visibility into trends to support our business partners in meeting operational objectives.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Innovation and Change (i.e. improvements to procedures, services, or products, as well as development of new ideas, methods, techniques, services and products)
- Identify and communicate specific and effective opportunities to improve planning processes
- Identify and implement optimal and reliable work structures and processes to effectively accomplish goals
- Initiates and implements appropriate actions to ensure key performance indicators are met based on current volume, AHT and Staffing trends.
- Identifies, resolves and escalates volume, staffing and systematic concerns in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement new forecasting methodologies
Internal & External Customers / Suppliers as well as Third Parties (i.e. include level or job title of customer relationship and the nature of the customer relationship management and service delivery)
- Partner with entire WFM team to provide analysis on long range impacts to forecasting, staffing, volume trends and other external factors to ensure service level objectives are met.
- Work closely with Short Range forecasting team to identy trends and solutions to Service Level issues.
- Partner with internal customers (Contact Center VP, Director, CCM, ACCM) on short/long-term forecasting decisions
- Assist internal customers with the analysis and interpretation of contact center data and metrics and make recommendations for process or productivity improvements
- Partner with Customer Service support teams, Marketing, and Finance to support initiatives related to forecast accuracy, root-cause analysis, or financial reconciliation
- Partner with outsource partners by providing long range staffing requirements and forecasting
People Leadership (i.e. staff management; accountability for hiring, coaching, training, conducting performance review, determining pay actions)
Business Strategy (if contributes to business strategy; is position responsible for defining, modifying or executing and is focus on long term (typically 3-5 years) or short- to mid-term (12-18 months))
- Ensure consistency between long range forecast (1 – 12 months) and short range forecast.
- Responsible for creating the annual workload (contacts + AHT) forecast that supports the labor budget process; partner with operations to review long-term projections in order to ensure alignment
- Provide recommendations and guidance to support NAD Customer Service staffing strategy as it relates to growth or changes in the business
- Service Level
- Forecast accuracy
- Internal Customer satisfaction (WFM Survey)
- On time delivery of outsource forecast
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics or Statistics
- Master’s degree preferred
- Five years’ experience in a contact center or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Four years in Workforce Management, with at least three years of experience in Forecasting or Planning
- Strong knowledge of Aspect eWFM, or similar Workforce Management tool (IEX, Blue Pumpkin
- Demonstrates strong decision making and problem solving abilities and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge in the use of MS Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Strong organizational skills to meet deadlines in an environment of constantly changing priorities.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities and competing demands calmly and effectively to complete work within specified time frames and quality parameters
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management through executive levels.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving expertise, with the ability to organize and interpret large amounts of complex, sometimes ambiguous data and/or business intelligence
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to collect, properly weigh and utilize available business intelligence
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with others, including the presentation of large amounts of data in a meaningful, actionable way
- Strong commitment to providing an exceptional customer experience, with a high level of dedication, enthusiasm, self-motivation, and persuasive ability in a team and cross-functional environment
- Ability to normalize historical data
- Ability to utilize various mathematical models to analyze historical trends in order to create forecasts of future activity
- Ability to create new models from scratch and to present scenario-driven data models
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Strong knowledge of Aspect eWFM, or similar Workforce Management tool (IEX, Blue Pumpkin)
- Experience with call center technologies such as Avaya, Kana, Aspect, Moxie, etc.
- Experience with Micro Strategy reporting a plus
- Knowledge of Staples Contact Center business processes preferred
: US-NY-Rochester, CA-SK-Regina, CA-NS-Halifax, US-IL-Lincolnshire, US-KY-Florence, US-CO-Aurora
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.