Posted On: 11-12-2021
Position Title: Manager Call Center Telephony
Job Location: Remote
Apply Online: https://jobs.assurant.com/en/jobs/job/manager-call-center-telephony-anytown-r-93828/
The Manager Call Center Telephony will lead and serve as Business Product Owner for multiple business units and multi-site call centers across the Enterprise. Call Centers operate in multiple locations and include outsourced providers supporting 24×7 Operations in a multi-skill environment.
The objective of the position is to lead all technology efforts for Call Center Operations. Acting as the liaison between Operations and IT. Driving Call Center Operations efficiencies, while ensuring client SLA’s and requirements can be achieved. This includes working with outsourced call center Operations and IT teams, ensuring we operate as one multi-site environment.
Technology includes but is not limited to, Toll Free Number assignment, creating call flows and routing plans, scripting, IVR call flows and routing plans, agent softphones, skills, call types, new location telephony site set up, etc. on multiply platforms supporting multiple languages across the organization. Position is responsible for customer facing disaster recovery planning and execution.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
- Recruit, hire, train and manage Technology Analyst responsible for execution of all telephony related activities across multiple lines of businesses, multiple call center locations operating on multiple platforms
- Liaison between business and IT for technology. Owner of all projects, initiatives and existing technology used within Call Center Operations
- Leads scrum/agile IT process as Business Product Owner. Owning requirement gathering and translation, working with IT during development and owning user acceptance testing and implementation, after hours, ensuring no disruption to existing business
- Design and implement best practices related to telephony set-up across multiple business units and line of businesses
- Assist in working with outsource partners from a telephony perspective ensuring compliance with processes and procedures
- Monitor the utilization of telephony processes across multiply platforms to ensure optimization across all sites (including outsourcers)
- Analyze workload of the teams, ensuring the most effective virtual environment
- Maintain communication with all site leaders and other functional areas regarding telephony initiatives
- Assist in analyzing, resolving, and communicating telephony issues (including outsourcer)
- Oversee and act as the liaison between Operations and IT, gathering and communicating impact of telephony changes and or issues. Establishing proper communication on impacts to service levels, agent processes, customer impacts, etc. Assist in root cause and preventative action plans as needed. Assist in preparing client communication related to outages, when needed
- Remain abreast of developments in Call Center Telephony by pursing a program of self-development, participating in professional organizations, interacting with peers, reviewing pertinent literature, etc. Be the catalyst for new ideas, presenting to leadership advancements in call center technology which will benefit customer experience and or efficiencies
- ACT as first point of contact for all disaster recovery telephony execution processes across multiple lines of businesses, supporting multiple clients and various hours of operations, including 24×7
Responsibility for work of others:
- 5 Direct Reports (Technology Analyst)
Financial Responsibility :
- Responsible for proper planning of budgetary needs related to functional area. Ensuring needs along with business impact are communicated during the budget planning process. After budget is finalized, responsible for adhering to annual budget.
- Liaison between Operations and IT related to technology budget impacts. Ensuring business awareness when new technology is being presented and or implemented. Ensuring awareness of any increased expenses and or decrease in expenses to Operations which may impact plan.
Basic Qualifications Required – Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- 5 years of experience leading telephony initiatives in a multi-site contact center telephony environment on multiple platforms
- 2 years of experience in a management/Supervisor role
- Experience working with outsourced partners
- Experience working in multiple telephony platforms including but not limited to Cisco, InContact, Aspect, AT&T
- Experience in partnering with multiple levels of Operations, across multiple lines of businesses in managing the facilitation of telephony initiatives and opportunities. Ensuring proper prioritization based on business need
- Experience in managing a diverse range of projects simultaneously in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience in partnering with vendors and IT
- Strong technical, mathematical and analytical aptitude (enjoys problem solving)
- Creative and strategic problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate complex concepts effectively (written and verbal), communication up to and including Operations, Leadership and clients
- Willing and able to work a variety of shifts based on business needs, including weekends and holidays
- Experienced working in a fast paced team environment
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with various levels throughout an organization
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Proven experience prioritizing and completing multiple assignments, producing high quality work in a fast paced deadline-driven environment with minimal direction
- Strong talent management background and demonstrated ability to adapt to a dynamic, changing environment and lead change management for diverse teams
- Strong desire for continuous learning opportunities
- Proven focus and drive towards goals, with competing priorities
- Proven collaboration skills
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience in workforce for a multi-channel call center environment (calls, CHAT, IVR, email, etc.)
This is a remote position.