Posted On: 02-06-2017
Position Title: Manager of Resource Planning
Job Location: Chattanooga, TN (or Portland, ME; Columbia, SC)
Apply Online: https://unum.taleo.net/careersection/10000/jobdetail.ftl?job=805018&lang=en
Manager of Resource Planning – Unum – Chattanooga, TN (or Portland, ME; Columbia, SC)
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world’s leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum helps protect more than 25 million working people and their families in the event of illness or injury. Colonial Life is a member of the Unum family of businesses and is a market leader in benefit solutions, specializing in personal insurance products offered to employees in the workplace. Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant U.S. operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts and Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide.
The Manager of Resource Planning is a critical role responsible for managing the coordination of resources across multiple contact center operations, including but not limited to short term forecasting, scheduling, system issues, real time monitoring of call volumes, and real time resource changes to meet business objectives. This manager will provide daily tactical leadership to a team of analysts responsible for volume tracking and trending across telecom, email and back-end support to ensure proper planning, accurate requirements and workload identification. This manager will develop capacity/staffing plans and reports that provide management with the understanding needed to make operational decisions in order to ensure overall success. In addition, this position will be expected to engage the operational partners in strategic planning to find the best employee experience while continuing to drive maximum operational efficiency.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide team coaching and development by accurately accessing strengths and opportunities, giving timely and actionable feedback, as well as motivate direct reports to optimize performance
· Leadership of a diverse team, including all aspects of people management, selection, training, resource capacity, job design and performance management that creates a high-performance operating environment.
· Ensures quality, audit and control standards through the development of effective standards, policies and education.
· Ensure that the scheduling function is providing optimal forecasting, scheduling and identifying new methods, strategies and opportunities
· Ensure that the real-time management team is providing the appropriate real-time oversight and takes appropriate action to meet service level goals and maximize efficiency
· Ensure system analyst team is proactively identifying potential roadblocks or issues and working quickly to resolve and put in place stop gaps to prevent repeat issues
· Develops workflow to meet specialized needs to ensure that appropriate service and financial levels are met at all times.
· Manages internal and external customer expectations through project planning and partnering efforts throughout the corporation.
· Serve as a subject matter expert and RPM liaison for specific programs and coordinate with operations teams to ensure consistent business / operational goals
· Develop and maintain short term forecast/capacity plans and ensure sufficient staff is available during peak periods
· Work with reporting analysts to review historical call trends by source, handle time, and root cause to identify operational opportunities and pro-actively communicate this information to leadership while implementing appropriate action plans
· Coordinates training, staffing and system changes as dictated by long term staffing plans.
· Accountable for recommending strategic improvements that drive measurable operational efficiency that can be translated to budget savings
· May perform other duties as assigned.
· 3-5+ years of experience performing RPM functions (capacity planning, forecasting, scheduling, real-time management) in a multi-site contact center environment preferred
· Strong experience with Workforce Management software (eWFM, IEX, Verint, etc.) that includes forecasting, scheduling, real-time adherence functionality
· Strong leadership and development skills
· Demonstrated experience in motivation, team building and collaboration
· Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills – both written and verbal
· Must be able to multi-task, be detail oriented and possess strong project management/ organizational skills
· Presentation/Communication Skills
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills
· Must be proficient with Excel, have the ability to organize/analyze, import/export data in a structured manner (db administration, pivot tables, SQL queries, etc.)
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas. Unum and its family of businesses is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
Please apply by February 22, 2017 via this link: https://unum.taleo.net/careersection/10000/jobdetail.ftl?job=805018&lang=en