Posted On: 7-1-2014
Position Title: Manager of Scheduling – Workforce Management
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Reports to: Director of Workforce Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
Apply To: Chad Andree firstname.lastname@example.org
As the Manager of Scheduling, you will utilize your Workforce Management (WFM) leadership experience in managing scheduling analysts and the scheduling processes across all of Clearlink brands and Lines of Business (LOB). You will utilize your expertise in monitoring, evaluating, updating, & making recommendations for improving the WFM processes, utilizing & maintaining WFM tools, and providing oversight, leadership, and guidance to WFM Scheduling Team and other WFM staff.
Responsible for reviewing and updating weekly, daily, & interval forecasts & staffing requirements and creating optimal schedules for Skills/LOB’s to best optimize the call center’s resources in order to reach optimal service levels mandated by the Senior Management Team. This role is responsible for managing, creating, and developing various scenarios based on possible conditions/outcomes and will be responsible for keeping WFM & Sales Center leadership informed and prepared with regards to projecting future schedule needs & optimization. Also responsible for implementing any approved changes or courses of action with Workforce Management Software & Tools and coordinating such with the vendor(s), IT, and Sales Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing, improving, & managing WFM scheduling processes as well as accurate over/under net staffing matrices.
- Responsible for supervising WFM Personnel to include coaching, development, corrective action and performance appraisals.
- Assist Director and/or VP of WFM and/or lead implementation of processes and other WFM & Call Center initiatives.
- Responsible for updating and managing WFM Systems & Models.
- Responsible for development and administration of strategic & tactical call routing strategies.
- Responsible for Staff Groups and Agent Skill Matrices (Skilling) Strategies and assignment.
- Responsible for initiating and maintaining process documentation and continuous improvements.
- Primary contact for IT/Telecom for ACD, Call Routing and WFM System.
- Primary backup of Director of WFM.
- Provide analysis on how well resource alignment (schedules) will be, has been, and currently is.
- Conduct weekly Net Staffing meetings with WFM and Call Center Management.
- Test & implement various scheduling strategies.
- Monitor, evaluate, and update WFM processes. Re-engineer where needed.
- Identify and document and process requirements for improved operational efficiencies.
- Prepare spreadsheets and graphics as required for reporting, analysis and documentation.
- Identify potential issues offering opportunity for enhanced efficiency.
- Read and understand long term and short-term forecasts and develop and optimize a strategy for the call center staffing.
- Create and analyze different types of staffing scenarios to determine the best optimization of call center staffing.
- Help Identify driving forces behind missing answer rate and/or productivity goals and provide recommendations/solutions.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Statistics from an accredited four-year college. WFM experience can be substituted for the Bachelors.
- Minimum of 5 years of successful Workforce Management experience required. Experience with Scheduling Software such as IEX, Pipkins, Aspect, or Blue Pumpkin required. Experience with databases and running data queries are desirable.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be a team player. Must work closely with WFM Forecasting, Reporting, Real-Time Team, and Management Team.
- Must be able to communicate to multiple levels of employees, from executives to nonexempt.
- Able to multi-task.
- Must have good knowledge of all Microsoft Office tools to include building “Models” and effectively utilizing & presenting charts/trends.
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
- Results Oriented.
- Initiative: Must be able to present “straw-man” type proposals without much direction.
- Experience with ACD reporting is preferred.
- Ability to work on a computer, make presentations, and use a telephone is required.
- Typical Call Center Environment.
- Work Schedule is typically 8AM to 5PM M-F; however, later hours and weekends may be required.