Posted On: 7-16-14
Position Title: Manager of Training and Development
Job Location: Home-Based Opportunity
Apply Online Here
Reporting to the Director of Professional Development, the Manager of Training and Development is responsible for identifying a strategic direction for ICMI’s training content that meets the educational needs of contact center professionals, as well as developing/updating training (in-person, virtual and e-learning) to ICMI’s high quality standards.
The Manager of T&D would develop and facilitate professional development programs, manage content-related contractors, evaluate training effectiveness, and use subject matter expertise to assist in marketing and sales efforts.
Overall Training Division:
- Identify and manage execution of content development/updates/strategy for all training products (virtual and in-person/classroom)
- Manage Training Instruction (virtual, certification, in-person) – including keeping the Certified Trainers up to date on curriculum changes, instructional changes, and major ICMI corporate announcements
- Development of ongoing content strategy for ICMI Training (virtual and live classroom), working closely with Professional Development Director
- Manage curriculum workbook library, ensuring all materials are updated as appropriate.
- Train ICMI curriculum at ICMI Training Symposiums and elsewhere as needed.
- Creation of new courses and updates of existing curriculum into blended format – including e-learning video, quizzes and exercises, as well as supplemental resources, job aids, etc.
- Ongoing evaluation of opportunities for new curriculum and enhancements to existing offerings that address customer needs and maximize training effectiveness.
- Ongoing evaluation of user experience.
- Translation of existing self-study/e-learning certification training content into virtual blended learning (including instructional design, storyboarding/scripting, and training for video components)
- Operations oversight/management (including Ask the Instructor responses, coaching sessions, etc.)
Client Site Training
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert during select sales calls – particularly with client site training deals
- Develop any customization required for client site training
- Digital Training Specialist. This position handles the production and design of training materials (PPT, video, e-learning quizzes, support materials, etc.) under the direction of the T&D Manager.
- Subject matter expertise in contact center management.
- Experience in a training function, either in-house or within a specialist training company.
- Experience designing training courses on a variety of subjects and of various lengths.
- Proficient in developing content for a variety of delivery methods, including e-learning, virtual and classroom training.
- Experience working with authoring and/or simulation tools (e.g., Articulate, Captivate). SCORM-compliant experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively train on a variety of subjects.
- Ability to conduct Training Needs Analysis to ascertain what the needs are of the industry or specific clients/potential clients
- Ability to evaluate and measure training activity and results/ROI
- Experience managing third parties/contractors who supply specialized training services
- Excellent project management skills/attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills (with internal team/stakeholders, global partners and clients)
- Self-motivated, and able to work independently in a remote environment
Headquartered in New York, UBM Connect brings together UBM’s US healthcare business, UBM Medica US; UBM Canon‘s advanced design and manufacturing event, online and print brands; UBM Connect New York’s catering, cruise shipping, customer management, and fine, specialty & custom chemical communities; and UBM Mexico’s concrete show. For more information about UBM Connect, visit www.ubm.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer