Posted On: 10-14-2019
Position Title: Manager of Workforce Management
Job Location: Portland, OR
Company: Ruby Receptionists
Contact Information: Tia Bedoya, firstname.lastname@example.org, 866-611-7829;
Apply Online: https://www.callruby.com/hq-careers/job/?gh_jid=4487651002
Do you want to bring your people-first lens, solutions-finding approach, and workforce expertise to a company that was built on innovation? Read on.
Ruby prioritizes finding win-win solutions in workforce management by striking the perfect balance between staffing an efficient and profitable workforce that meets service-level standards while also delivering a flexible experience for front-line employees. It’s not all about the bottom line here, and Ruby recognizes that a sustainable work pace and flexible scheduling for our employees leads to exceptional service delivery for our customers.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished and collaborative leader with a proven track record of success who maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in contact center workforce management and developing innovative practices. This candidate thrives in a unique, people-centric environment where they can use creative problem-solving, challenge the status quo, and innovate new best practices that benefit employees, customers and the business.
What You’ll Be Accountable For
- Produces accurate Long, Medium, and Short-Range Forecasts and reports on anticipated volume and capacity across all services. Analyze real time performance and identify opportunities to improve
- Build optimal short and long-term staffing plan for Reception and Chat services by balancing employee experience, caller experience, customer experience and operational effectiveness.
- Develops and implements contingency staffing models to mitigate capacity risks and provide capacity levers
- Directs the development of capacity attributes to ensure the use of trended call/chat handling data is applied
- Monitors and takes corrective action on financial and operational results
- Engages and coordinates leadership team in discussions to identify and implement improvement measures when performance is jeopardized
- Develop and implement comprehensive and consistent strategies, tools, and processes related to workforce planning and workload forecasting
- Collect, consolidate, and analyze operational data, including preparing internal reporting deliverables, analyzing trends & drivers, and explaining forecast vs. actual variances
- Prepare and deliver periodic exec-level updates on status, insights and trends to help inform and guide critical business decisions
- Partner closely with multiple cross-functional teams to understand capacity, headcount, help build optimal long-term staffing plan, location strategy, Operations performance, volumes, arrival patterns, handling times and drivers into the long-term forecast
- Leverage and manage historical data from previous initiatives and pilots to develop educated assumptions for planned initiatives and future forecast periods
- Proactive advisory and consultative role regarding the optimization of call/chat handling performance and associated impacts on the customers
- Lead a team with an analytical mind and personable touch
Your Work DNA
- You and your team are superheroes of Ruby, leaping tall buildings in a single bound while safeguarding assets and assuring accurate and timely recording and reporting.
- Your attention to detail is almost supernatural and spot on regarding the reporting and analysis you are responsible for.
- Growing yourself and others energizes you! You not only take pride in your own work, but you inspire others to go above and beyond what they thought they could do. You garner respect for the way that you treat others and motivate reciprocity.
- You understand how all the pieces fit together historically helping to create road maps for solid, financial future projections for the company.
- Extensive Experience in workforce management and planning, capacity planning, long-term forecasting and strategy
- Experience forecasting with WFM applications and working with call routing strategies
- Contact Center Operations Experience
- High attention to detail with ability to synthesize information, metrics, and KPIs from multiple sources and distill it in crisp, clear language appropriate for a variety of audiences
- High level of adaptability and flexibility, with a demonstrated ability to thrive in a team-based environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and service-oriented
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development, learning new skills, and taking on new challenges
- Expert computer skills and Microsoft Office applications including Outlook Email, Word and Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Strong Analytical, Math, Reasoning and Investigative skills
- 5-7 years management experience with ability to influence and drive results or equivalent
- Knowledge of Aspect workforce management system is highly desired
Work takes place in an office setting. It requires the ability to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time and communicate effectively with a diverse audience in person, by phone and by computer. This position may travel between office sites occasionally.
Ruby Receptionists is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. We support and encourage diversity!
Location: Fox PDX
Reports To: Director of Services
FLSA Status: Exempt