Posted On: 01-31-2014
Position Title: Manager of Workforce Planning
Job Location: Atlanta, GA or Guadalajara, Mexico
The Manager of Workforce Planning is part of Carestream’s Shared Service Center (SSC) leadership team and will partner with the SSC leaders as well as the leadership teams of other
businesses and functions throughout Carestream that have “call center or chat groups” to achieve defined internal and external service level goals within a defined budget. This position is responsible for developing and utilizing analytics to improve customer experience and drive productivity – creating the capacity planning process for inbound and outbound customer facing activity as well as planning for “back office” functions and work. The Manager will manage and mentor Work Force Management staff in multiple geographies.
The Manager of Workforce Planning will play an integral role in the success of Carestream’s call center groups, chat groups and other customer support groups. Specifically s/he will be responsible for:
• Develop and utilize capacity planning tools to accurately forecast call and chat volumes for various groups hourly, daily, monthly and annually. Translate this information into hiring forecasts and staff schedules. Optimize schedule placement to best match volume arrival patterns.
• Work with partners and stakeholders throughout Carestream to make necessary changes in staffing based on projected volume, historical data, and business need
• Utilize historical data and current business needs to determine required staffing levels to ensure operational objectives are met
• Build, develop and lead Workforce Planning Team into a highly responsive team that meets the required standards and deliver on critical staff planning activities: 1) planning for the day (volume forecasting, staff scheduling), 2) planning for the Week (making scheduling adjustments including OT plans) 3) forecasting for the month and 4) measuring results.
• Assist in the creation of annual budget plans and update forecasted budget as needed
• Partner with operations, training and human resources to determine timing, line of business and quantity of new hires
• Appropriately forecast and account for growth due to seasonal variations and or special events such as a product launch
• Monitor employee productivity, schedule adherence and other key performance indicators; provide data, recommended remediation plan (including recommended schedule changes) to appropriate operational leaders to ensure customer calls and chats are answered in a timely and efficient manner
• Identify and act on both positive and negative performance trends to ensure attainment of performance targets and budgetary plans. Share results and recommended remediation plans with appropriate operational leaders.
• Monitor real-time key call and chat handling performance metrics and managing the WFP team to make intraday decisions on voluntary time off and overtime
• Create reports on historical data and forecast results from applicable systems
• Update and maintain call and chat volume and arrival patterns which accurately validate forecasting methods
• Maintain business contacts and liaison with outside groups and professional associations in order to keep the company abreast of advancements/developments in the industry
• Any other projects as assigned by management
This leadership position requires a solutions-oriented, detail-oriented individual who understands how to effectively manage multiple teams in different geographic locations to ensure business goals and objectives are met.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
• At least 3 years experience in call center forecasting, scheduling, and real time queue management required
• At least 2 years call center management experience required
• Leader and a motivator who possess the ability to bring competing interests together to best serve Carestream’s customers and internal teams.
• Must be able to partner well with other senior leaders (leaders on the immediate SSC team as well as business partners and leaders of other functional areas and businesses) to implement effective staffing strategies and day to day practices which will enable Carestream to meet our service level goals
• Ability to remotely lead, manage and mentor a remotely dispersed worldwide WFP team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
• Must be able to travel 25% a year
• Experience with the following applications and or technologies
o Aspect WFM or equivalent software, Excel, Avaya CMS
• Problem-solving, Excel skills and critical thinking skills are required
• Ability to manage multiple job tasks at one time
• Managerial skills
• Able to focus in a fast paced, flexible environment
• Attention to detail
• Knowledge of statistics and latest modeling strategies for trend analysis
• Ability to adapt to change
• Ability to manage stress appropriately
• Experience implementing a WFM application into call center environments and ensuring said WFM application is used effectively to achieve company goals
• Experience establishing business rules, call-routing rules, chat-routing rules, ACD strategies and IVR support that positively impacted customer experience and satisfaction
The preference is that the position be located in Atlanta, GA or Guadalajara, Mexico. For the ideal candidate, we would be willing to have them work virtually.
Carestream Health is a dynamic global company with over 100 years of leadership in radiology and healthcare IT. We are passionately committed to helping our customers do their jobs better, faster and more cost effectively. By applying our insights and experience, we create inventive, elegant solutions that offer a smarter way forward.
Headquartered in Rochester, NY, Carestream has over 7000 employees operating in 170 countries. Our customers range from large enterprises to small private practices, including: large health systems, hospitals, imaging centers, medical groups and dental practices. In addition to our innovative radiology products, Carestream also sells solutions for information management, non-destructive testing, thin-film coating & nanomaterials.
Carestream is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.carestream.com. Click on careers. Click on Search Jobs. Click on Search Openings. In the keyword search window insert the job # 4546BR. Carestream Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.