Posted On: 9-9-13
Job Location: Eden Prairie, MN; Overland Park, KS; Jacksonville, FL; Tucson, AZ; Costa Mesa, CA or Telecommuter
Manager of Workforce Scheduling and Forecasting
Apply Online: https://careers.unitedhealthgroup.com/
The successful candidate will be responsible for all facets of call center forecasting, scheduling, call volume monitoring and adjusting resources to meet changing requirements. Responsible for determining and communicating work schedules and resources for various call queues across the organization. Will work with site leaders to ensure adequate staff, coverage by interval, as well as, to develop contingency plans during times of peak demand.
This person will be responsible to insure that Optum Rx’s Customer Service and Specialty teams are scheduled optimally and efficiently In addition, the successful candidate will be helping to develop staffing models to deal with peak time periods as the schedule dictates.
This individual will work with senior management within Workforce Management and Prior Authorization to develop policies and procedures and a training program that will meet the needs of the department moving forward.
- Owns an end to end process.
- Oversees work activities of supervisors and other team members.
- Identifies and resolves technical, operational and organizational problems outside own team.
- Product, service or process decisions are most likely to impact entire functions and/or customer accounts (internal or external).
- College degree or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in Workforce Management, specifically Scheduling and Forecasting
- 3+ years Management or Supervisory experience carrying 3+ direct reports
- 3+ years experience writing policy and procedures, training manuals and gathering the data related to these
- Intermediate in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Intermediate in IEX Workforce software
- Systems Analysis experience in preferred
- Healthcare Industry experience is a plus.
OptumRx is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
If you’re ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let’s talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let’s talk about smart, motivated teams. Let’s talk about more effective and affordable health care solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We’re doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance.
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do. In the largest and most personal sense, your impact can be greater than even you thought at OptumRx.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.