Posted On: 03-18-2021
Position Title: Manager, Strategic Workforce Planning
Job Location: United States
Apply Online: https://www.hopper.com/careers/manager,-strategic-workforce-planning-27e594da-594f-4d5e-969e-f3b88a2af9d8/
At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace — one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Hopper has launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage our immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere – including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, Hopper’s revenue growth is up 112% despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
With over $250M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 50 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come take off with us!
We’re looking for a data-savvy individual to join our Workforce Management team as a Workforce Planner. Their mission will be to support Hopper’s Service Delivery Teams to successfully meet its performance targets while optimizing the utilization of people resources to ensure scalable customer satisfaction via excellent employee staffing and scheduling decisions.
- Provide inputs (data analysis, reporting, productivity, budget & operational forecasts) to operational leadership to make sound decisions regarding structuring topics: recruitment, organization, and scheduling
- Build and maintain a reliable and detailed forecast capacity model for live chat, email, and phone support
- Build different scenarios for expected volume with consideration for utilization, efficiency, and productivity
- Factor changes in capacity planning models and evaluate the real-world impact of addition/reduction of FTE requirements
- Work with key stakeholders across a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Become known as the “go to” person for all areas of workforce management and optimization
- Experiment: we are an adventurous bunch so expect that anything and everything can change!
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS
- Material experience in forecasting, staffing, scheduling, and workforce planning for omnichannel contact center environments
- Stakeholder Management experience to act as a single point of contact for WFM support
- Exposure to scripting with Pandas, R, SAS or other data preparation and analysis tools
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Proficiency in Tableau (or similar tools like Qlikview or Looker)
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical work to a non-technical audience
- Capacity to work in a fast pacing environment with last minute adaptations & regular changes
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)