Date Posted: 05-12-2021
Position Title: Manager Workforce Management
Job Location: Columbus, OH
Apply Online: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2506107174
IF YOU CARE, THERE’S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick’s talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets—their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To initiate and implement enhanced workforce management practices for the organization; to optimize resource performance across operations utilizing automated workforce tools; and to ensure organizational performance requirements and client specific service level commitments are met.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS And RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintains organizational and site level long term forecasts and workforce budgets; initiates staffing and scheduling modifications in response to changing business needs and client profiles.
- Identifies technology needs related to areas of responsibility; initiates and implements industry leading technology and process improvement projects.
- Develops and maintains reporting resources required for marketing, pricing, analytical and daily operational purposes.
- Ensures Service Center service level and other supported service operations achieve required service level and overall performance metrics through utilization of effective recruiting and staffing processes.
- Develops, communicates and continuously assesses position requirements for direct reports; coaches colleagues to improve individual and team performance against established metrics.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to enhance scheduling efficiency and increase colleague effectiveness.
- Communicates with upper management regarding long and short term forecasts, impact of procedural and process changes, and other staffing and operational effectiveness issues.
- Initiates and implements enhanced workforce management practices for the organization including direction of multi-site Service Center workforce management functions, scheduling administration, and providing support, direction and development of direct reports.
- Works effectively within a team based environment and maintains good internal and external client relationships.
- Ensures organizational alignment through cooperative development of individual and departmental objectives with operations management team; provides individual and organizational feedback on performance at minimum six month intervals.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS And RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization’s quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
- Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows company staffing standards and training recommendations.
- Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance development plans; conducts colleague performance discussions.
- Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to promote maximum performance.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university strongly preferred.
Eight (8) years of related experience equivalent combination of experience and education required to include four (4) years of inbound call center, workforce management, supervisory, or customer service management experience.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of automated workforce management tools (preferably Blue Pumpkin/Witness Systems) in a multi-site environment
- Excellent knowledge of multi-channel service center processes and procedures
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including reporting and presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Leadership/management/motivational skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and set priorities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit Security Clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.