Posted On: 05-07-2021
Position Title: Manager Workforce Optimization & Scheduling Priority Health
Job Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Apply Online: https://spectrumhealth.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/SpectrumHealthCareers/job/Grand-Rapids-MI/Manager-Workforce-Optimization—Scheduling-Priority-Health_R8185
Manages operations and services associated with Call Center Scheduling Services (Contact Center) in accordance with organization, compliance and regulatory requirements. Assumes day-to-day accountability for effective utilization of workforce, facilities, and equipment and the delivery of quality services by direct supervision of assigned staff and interdisciplinary collaboration within a clinical call center environment. Participates in the planning, preparation, implementation and monitoring of assigned areas’ operational and capital budget to ensure sound fiscal management consistent with the goals of Spectrum Health. Develops relationships and acts as a liaison between internal and external interdisciplinary customers to coordinate seamless patient experience.
- Manages & assumes day-to-day accountability of scheduling activities for effective utilization of workforce, facilities and equipment and the delivery of quality services by direct supervision of assigned staff and interdisciplinary collaboration. Develops interdisciplinary relationships to support improvements in care delivery, patient, staff and physician satisfaction. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and developing employees; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Maintains an ability to troubleshoot issues in a manner that identifies root cause and facilitate resolution through a variety of approaches/partnerships as it relates to work flow, technology and education. Encourages, develops, maintains and evaluates a work environment that empowers and supports staff participation by encouraging shared decision-making and accountability. Supports and administers all Spectrum Health personnel policies and ensures that interactions support Spectrum Health’s core values.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of systems to collect, analyze and maintain statistical data, generate reports, forecasting and scheduling applications and methodologies as well as data analysis, and application of statistical concepts and reporting.
- Develop policies, procedures, business processes; implement technologies and best practices in support of customer service operations.
- Accountable for identifying, analyzing, and reporting of service deviations using multiple data sources to improve financial and service levels performance results. Assists director to plan, prepare, implement and monitor assigned areas’ operational and capital budget to ensure sound fiscal management consistent with the goals of Spectrum Health. Assists in development of programs and collaborative strategies to enhance growth for assigned area.
- Collaborates with the director to develop and maintain quality monitoring system to continuously monitor and measure the quality, safety and outcomes of services. Develops and implements unit quality indicators to evaluate unit and staff performance and correct variances. Participates in and/or facilitates interdisciplinary performance initiatives. Supports quality and safety initiatives of other departments and service lines.
- Required Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in clinical, health administration or business related field
- Preferred Master’s Degree
- 3 years of relevant experience relevant experience, including supervising overall accountability for operations within call center setting, related teams and/or projects Required
SITE – Priority Health – 1231 E Beltline – Grand Rapids
PH-Customer Care Center Administration
Day (United States of America)
Weekly Scheduled Hours
Hours of Work
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday – Friday
Accommodation Notice: If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in Spectrum Health’s application process. Contact us at 616-486-SHHR (7447).
Spectrum Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected
category. See more here.