Posted On: 8-4-2022
Position Title: Manager, Workforce Strategy & Planning
Job locations: UK: Bath, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham, CA: Ottawa, Toronto
Company name: Deloitte Global
Contact information: Anne Smith-Leboeuf – firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Online: CA: https://careers.deloitte.ca//job-invite/113680/
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next-generation, cutting-edge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with other experts in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?
Want to make an impact that matters? Consider Deloitte Global.
What will your typical day look like?
The Global People Workforce Solutions and Systems team leads and develops innovative services to support workforce agility aligned to business strategies and enhancing career mobility experiences of our professionals. As part of the Workforce Planning & Strategy team, the manager will work to anticipate and define the future talent needs of the organization, assess our readiness to compete in the future and establish talent strategies to shape our talent investments for the future. They will be responsible for partnering with senior leadership to support the build and implementation of workforce plans and related hiring strategies in accordance with Deloitte Global’s Location Strategy and Hiring Guidance. The Workforce Strategy & Planning manager will work in a consultative and strategic manner, leveraging SME’s across the DTTL People team to build effective timelines, plans, and workforce strategies (i.e., location, hiring types, level, etc.) for short-term and long-term workforce solutions. They will work closely with the Reporting and Analytics team to deliver meaningful insights and forecasts to the business. This role will report to a Workforce Strategy & Planning Lead and be part of a team spearheading this effort across our global footprint.
- Understand the strategies of our business and the impact of emerging technology, market shifts, and workforce changes to identify talent needs for the future and establish a strategy to ensure the right mix of talent, technologies, and employment models to reach our goals
- Build and foster partnerships with global business leaders, providing advice and guidance on their workforce planning and talent resourcing requirements
- Collaborate with business leadership, Finance and Talent to develop and maintain workforce plans for project and headcount needs
- Work closely with Deloitte Global recruiting and mobility to provide relevant hiring and location strategy guidance
- Conduct skills needs/gap analysis to help determine best workforce planning and talent resourcing strategies
- Responsible for managing projects and delivering initiatives identified through the workforce planning process
- Deliver reporting and talent analysis and insights to the business, utilising a range of tools and technologies
- Create and own key talent resourcing materials and stakeholder engagement materials (i.e., playbook, rules of the road, hiring guidance, etc.)
- Establish global networks for resourcing talent and maintain relationships across Deloitte Firms
About the team
Global People supports our talented, forward-thinking professionals with a broad range of development, well-being, and engagement programs to enhance their professional and personal journeys. We provide top-notch, leading-edge thinking and advisory support and partner with our businesses to ensure our professionals develop the right skills and talents to deliver on ambitious priorities.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
- 5+ years related experience in strategic initiatives related to HR, workforce planning, resource management and/or project management
- Experienced Manager with proven experience effectively managing stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An ability to craft compelling insights and messages for stakeholders on progress against strategy and plan
- Experienced networker with the ability to develop and nurture relationships globally
- Excellent analytical and data visualization skills, including advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Consultative mindset, ability to navigate ambiguous circumstances and complex structures
- An innovative approach to problem solving
- Project Management/PMO experience is desirable
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Job Segment: Developer, Strategic Planning, Project Manager, Equity, HR, Technology, Strategy, Finance, Human Resources