Posted On: 10-13-2014
Position Title: Member Services – Data and Reporting Analyst
Job Location: Provo, UT
Ancestry.com is the world’s largest online resource for family history. We have helped pioneer the market for online family history research, taking a pursuit that was expensive and time-consuming and making it easy, affordable and accessible to anyone with an interest in their family history. The foundation of our service is an extensive collection of billions of historical records that we have digitized, indexed and put online over the past 17 years. These digital records and documents, combined with our proprietary online search technologies, tools and collaboration features, have enabled our more than two million subscribers to create nearly 50 million family trees that contain nearly 5 billion profiles, make meaningful discoveries about the lives of their ancestors.
With over 1,300 employees, we are known for our cutting-edge technology, phenomenal innovation, and offer a compelling and rewarding workplace where you will thrive. We seek out passionate people to join our mission of helping people discover, preserve and share their family history. We invite you to explore and discover the many opportunities that await you at Ancestry.com.
The Data and Reporting Analyst is responsible for running daily and weekly analytics and reports to assist in short and long term call center operations. The ideal candidate for this role will have an advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel and Excel-based reporting as well as some SQL notions, and how analytics apply to the management of multi-contact center operations. Key functional responsibilities include the ability to demonstrate strong skills in creating reports (in Excel, Tableau and other internal tools) as needed to provide the business stake holders with relevant and actionable data. This individual will also have an understanding of basic statistical and mathematical modeling/analysis of complex data. This position requires evening and weekend availability.
- Customer Focus: must demonstrate competency in dealing with all levels of employees/management and building strong relationships with teams and all organizational customers.
- Functional/Technical Skills: must possess strong quantitative, analytical and technical aptitude skills.
- Drive for Results: must possess the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and be accountable for performance.
- Time Management: must be able to multi-task, be detail oriented and demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Interpersonal Savvy: must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with all levels of organizational customers and team members.
- Written Communication: must possess the ability to effectively, accurately and concisely convey thoughts and concepts, and provide information to all organization customers. Ability to present data in a clear, meaningful and engaging manner.
- Problem Solving: must demonstrate the proactive ability to find and define problems, understand business impact, identify solutions and provide recommendations for corrective action.
- Decision Quality: must possess the ability to work independently while leveraging available information sources, establish priorities and demonstrate good judgment skills.
- Learning on the Fly: must be willing and able to take the initiative for learning, increasing knowledge and improving skills in a self-directed manner to improve performance and position added-value.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: ability to adapt and excel as a team player in a fast-paced and change-oriented environment.
- Performs continual analysis of current and past performance (noting recent historical trends) to communicate necessary adjustments in staffing plans and coordinate with Operations teams to achieve service level goals / business objectives for a multi-site operation.
- Produces call volume forecasts on an intra-day, daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis for multi-site operations.
- Generates short and long-term staffing models and provides recommendations based on analysis.
- Compares results to forecast and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provides daily/intra-day performance reports to leadership.
- Analyzes different sets of data from relational and cube databases as well as from raw exports.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Complete understanding of overall operational activities including phone, email, chat, community and social media support.
- Must have an exceptional working knowledge of Excel and possess the ability to organize/analyze data in a structured manner. Must also possess a good working knowledge of other Windows based programs (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Experience with other analytical and reporting tools (Tableau, PowerPivot, SAS, etc.) preferred.
- Experience in performing WFM functions (specifically real-time management) in a multi-department/site contact center environment required.
- Experience with WFM software (Verint/Blue Pumpkin/Impact 360, IEX, eWFM, etc.) that includes real-time adherence preferred.
- Experience in building dashboards and dynamic reports is preferred.
- Some college or degree is preferred.
Working for Ancestry.com
Ancestry.com is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at https://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry.com Inc. is interested in you and we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce with equal opportunities for employment.
Ancestry.com is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry.com via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry.com. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.