Posted On: 5-2-2016
Position Title: Operation Specialist Int- Workforce Management
Job Location: El Dorado Hills, Ca
Contact Information: applicants can apply as follows: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWEbHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25386&siteid=5192&AReq=7671BR
Job Requisition Number: 7671BR
Locations where job may be based: El Dorado Hills
Work Schedule: Full Time
Employment Type: Regular Term Employee
There’s never been a better time to join Blue Shield!
Looking for a chance to do meaningful work that touches millions? Come join the hardest working, nonprofit health plan in California and help us shape the future of health care. Blue Shield of California is focused on transforming health care by making it more accessible, affordable and customer-centric. Being a mission-driven organization means we do much more than serve our 3.5 million members: we were the first health plan in the nation to limit our annual net income to 2 percent of revenue and return the difference to our customers and the community, and since 2005 we have contributed more than $325 million to the Blue Shield of California Foundation to improve community health and end domestic violence. We also believe that a healthier California begins with our employees, so we provide them with resources to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle through our award-winning wellness program, Wellvolution.
We’re hiring smart thinkers and doers who want to work for a leader and innovator in the challenging, ever-changing healthcare space. Come and help us make health care better for everyone.
The Operations Specialist function is responsible for modeling forecasted workload variables to provide member contact areas with short-term and long-term capacity plans. Analyzes contact center trends to provide input on hiring plans reflecting workload requirements. Responsibilities also include, building and maintaining relationships with business partners, internal and external, to proactively identify, report, solve, and influence scheduling performance.
- Provides short-term and long-term tactical staffing capacity plans for assigned line of business
- Advises and consults with line of business managers on capacity planning, resource planning
- Builds relationships with business partners to proactively identify, report and solve performance opportunities in a moderately complex contact center environment.
- Provides on-going support and training to Managers and Supervisors on WFM tools and scheduling processes.
- Actively participates in business meetings and advises line of business managers on capacity and resource planning, as well as, contact center operation drivers
- Assist in shift and Paid Time Off bids, maintain and manage Paid Time Off allowances, perform administrative tasks related to staffing and scheduling functions, and serves as a back-up for team members
- Performs ad hoc analyses
Job Required Education/Experience
- Bachelor Degree or 4 year equivalent experience in workforce management, contact center operations, or contact center forecasting.
- 2+ years of experience delivering results to management
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline.
- Experienced power user of Aspect or other complex work force management systems
- Strong Excel experience
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strategic supplier management experience
Blue Shield of California is committed to remaining a drug-free work place. All positions require a pre-employment background investigation and drug screen. Blue Shield of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer – EEO/MF/disabled/veteran.