Posted On: 04-13-2019
Position Title: Quality Assurance Supervisor
Job Location: Madison, WI
Who We Are
We are a leading not-for-profit health insurer in Wisconsin, and our services have grown to reach active-duty and retired military personnel, seniors, and families in Wisconsin, across the U.S., and around the world. Learn more!
WPS receives World’s Most Ethical Company Award for 10th Year in a Row – 2019 Most Ethical Companies Announcement
At Our Core
WPS Health Solutions has earned a reputation as a leader in the insurance and benefits administration industry through our commitment to excellence and high-quality service. Our corporate values reflect the core of who we are and how we conduct business every day.
I recognize how my actions impact internal and external customers by being responsible for the customer experience. I look beyond the immediate issue to recognize and solve the problem.
I own my actions. I am accountable and dedicated to achieving the best results for WPS Health Solutions and our customers. I embrace my role in helping the company achieve a high-performance workplace.
I lead by example and act ethically, honestly and am trustworthy. I show appreciation for others by giving and taking constructive feedback and encouragement.
|Driven and Passionate
I approach my work with enthusiasm, and personal commitment to the success of our business. I keep the importance of the work we do for our customers alive in my attitude and interactions with others, and demonstrate pride in the worthiness of our purpose.
The Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for exemplifying and leading team in four core values of WPS – Mutual Respect, Customer Focused, Individual Responsibility, and Driven and Passionate. Recruit, develop, engage and retain high-performing talent to meet current and future organizational needs. Communicate and coach effectively, and manage performance of individuals and team effectively to increase depth and flexibility of both.
In this role you will:
U.S. citizenship is required for this position due to Department of Defense restrictions.
- Recruit, select, train, motivate, appraise job performance and discipline employees.
- Develop and execute employee engagement and achievement plans.
- Coach and develop employees by focusing on competencies and individual performance.
- Ensure operational tasks are completed by developing schedules, assigning and monitoring work, gathering resources, and implementing productivity and quality standards.
- Lead with the following values:
- Mutual Respect
- Lead by example and act ethically and honestly. Exemplify leadership by being credible, knowledgeable, and trustworthy.
- Carefully consider and respond to input and feedback, then implement changes when it improves process.
- Show appreciation for others by giving and taking constructive feedback and encouragement.
- Customer Focused
- Recognize how own actions impact internal and external customers and be responsible for customer experience (timely and accurate responses, approachable, accessible).
- Look beyond immediate issue to recognize and solve root cause of problems.
- Simplify processes to improve results for customer.
- Individual Responsibility
- Take ownership of actions by being accountable and dedicated to achieving best results for WPS and customers.
- Be committed to improving job performance to achieve our strategic goals (acquire and apply job knowledge and expertise).
- Take initiative and make decisions to address issues and take ownership to achieve better performance.
- Driven & Passionate
- Approach work with enthusiasm and personal commitment to success of business. Set high standards for self and continually raise bar.
- Bring energy and focus to achieve excellence and learn from mistakes.
- Actively participate in collaborative activities, engage in discussion, and offer own time and commitment.
- Help others achieve success by fostering individual and unique talents.
- Mutual Respect
- Control expenses by monitoring variances to budget and identifying opportunities for efficiency.
- Generate ideas for operating efficiencies.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field OR equivalent post high school education and/or work‐related experience
- U.S. Citizenship is required due to Department of Defense restrictions
- 2 or more years of progressively responsible business experience, preferably in a customer service orientated environment and
- 1 or more year in a leader/supervisory role developing management and human relations skills
- Ability to learn TRICARE or VA program
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Basic understanding of computer based processing systems.
In addition, we prefer:
- 2 or more years of auditing experience.
- 2 or more years of experience working with insurance claims.
- 2 or more years of experience working in a customer service call center.
- 2 or more years of experience working with TRICARE program.
- 2 or more years of experience working with Veterans Administration (VA).
- Proficient in Microsoft Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and SQL.
- Experience with Mainframe, Facets.
- Knowledge of Process Improvement methodologies.
- Experience with OnBase, NICE or other workforce management tool.