Posted On: 10-23-2013
Location: Columbus, OH or Chicago, IL or Seattle, WA or New York, NY
Retail Operations Consulting Manager
West Monroe Partners is currently seeking a Retail Operations Consulting Manager to oversee and manage large retail store operations projects for our national and global clients. This position can be based out of Columbus, Chicago, Seattle or New York City.
The Consulting Manager will be responsible for leading a team of engineering consultants, reviewing and documenting client processes and procedures in detail and identifying improvement opportunities. The team will conduct various studies and will analyze the results to assist the project team in the creation of engineered labor standards, workforce optimization and store operation process improvement. The Consulting Manager will be contributing to client satisfaction by providing clients with timely and responsive services and work products.
- Mentoring and managing teams of younger consultants to be able to keep projects on time as well as technical QA of work done by the team. Identify strengths and issues and drive and develop better behavior to create strong consultants
- Communicating and reporting project status to C-level executives including budget, risks, issues, etc.
- Quickly respond to client requests for immediate issues while also being able to drive projects to completion
- Understanding business needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete projects and detailed proposals
- Assisting in business development by creating work-plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
- Opportunity Assessment – identifying and quantifying value-added process improvement opportunities
- Project Planning – determining scope, tasks, timelines, resources and identifying issues & risks
- Process Development – developing and improving business processes using Industrial Engineering methodologies
- Technology Evaluation – assessing process impacts resulting from technological changes to business systems; identifying and evaluating technologies to enable and automate processes
- Project Management – executing on time, within budget & scope, and to customer’s satisfaction
- Project Documentation – authoring or quality control of project documents; business cases, project setup, updates, final reports
- Communication Management – understanding of change management methods to ensure successful implementation of process changes; maintaining strong two-way communications and relationships between WMP and its clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, related engineering or business discipline; MBA or PMP are assets
- 5 -10 years of engineering and/or process improvement experience in retail store operations and/or distribution, Supply Chain, or Logistics
- Leadership skills to manage and drive concurrent small to large projects
- Proficient skills and experience within industrial engineering projects in retail, distribution and or Supply Chain. For example, implementation of Engineered Labor Standards, workflow analysis, process improvements and implementations, and productivity improvements initiatives
- Project management and experience leading complex projects and large project teams, change management initiatives, and be able to create implementation and migration plans as well as contingency plans
- Experience developing work-plans, project scopes, pricing estimates, and presentations to be able to assist in selling work to clients
- Experience with work measurement, time studies, cost-benefit analysis and process re-engineering
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment on large initiatives
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quality experience
- Strong communication skills to be able to work with clients and present to C-level executives
- Strong background in Excel, Access and project management tools
- Have basic understanding of financial practices to be able to create a budget as well as work with company’s finance departments on vendor negotiations, capitalizing costs, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills as well as customer relations experience
- Strong decision making skills
- Ability to report budget and finances
- Must be able to travel 80%+
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer –
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Please send résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org