Posted On: 2-21-2014
Position Title: Section Manager, Planning & Workforce Management
Job Location: Mississauga, Ontario
|TITLE: Section Manager, Planning & Workforce Management
LEVEL: CL- 04
STATUS: Full Time
BUSINESS UNIT: PWM & Billing Services
The following are the duties of the PWM Section Manager:
- Coaching – Motivate, coach and provide overall direction to team members, to enhance their skills, increase their knowledge and build confidence.
- Planning – Organize responsibilities of the team, and assign individually considering current area of focus, skills set, training, and capacity.
- Communication – Ensure effective exchange of timely and meaningful information with leadership team on situations affecting the employees, and events that impact the customer.
- Understand the unique needs for each business unit, develop solutions to meet the needs, and build relationships with the management teams
- Analysis and Recommendations – Regularly lend support and advise to the business units based on analysis of trends, changes anticipated in the business, and information learned and shared regarding staffing.
- Measure – Measure individual levels of performance against team and individual expectations. Ensure deadlines are met, and information is accurate, detailed, and aligned to the objectives of the company.
- Develop and implement WFM best practices through ongoing education and networking internally and externally
- Effective coordination and collaboration with Quebec counterparts.
EDUCATION & TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Post Secondary Education – University Degree with 5 years Insurance experience or a College Diploma with 7 years related Insurance experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience with Planning and Workforce Management are required.
- Previous experience in a leadership, coaching, or a mentoring role is required.
- Strong working knowledge of IEX Total View or related scheduling software.
- ACD familiarity (in particular Genesys Administrator, Insights, Advisor preferred).
- Familiarity with reports, databases, and how information is stored
- Good working knowledge of Lotus Notes, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Advanced English communication skills (verbal and written) are required.
- Advanced French communication skills (verbal and written) are an asset.
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Peer Relationships
- Comfort around higher management
- Decision making skills
- Managerial Courage
- Motivating Others
- Developing Direct Reports
- Time Management
- Interpersonal Savvy
Hours: Regular 37.5 hour work week, however flexibility is required to meet business needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Apply to Desjardins.com/careers
REPORTS TO: Manager, PWM & Billing Services