Posted On: 5-16-2015
Position Title: Senior Customer Service Analyst – 07267
Job Location: Detroit, MI
Apply Online: Applicants can apply by visiting our careers website at www.dteenergy.com/careers and search job number 07267 or by following the link below. https://dteenergy.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=07267
This position resides within our Call Center Workforce Management Team. Our Call Center is a Multi-shift, Multi-site, Union environment. It consists of approximately 500 Customer Representatives between DTE, an On-site Contractor and a Michigan based outsourcer. We are seeking an individual at the Senior Analyst level, who has a minimum of three years’ experience in call Volume Forecasting, Schedule Generation, Time off Management, Off Phone Event Management and Required Staffing projections utilizing one of the primary Workforce Management tools available today (i.e., Verint, eWFM, Aspect, etc.)
Implements and coordinates continuous improvement projects and processes in Customer Service. Performs analytical and lead worker level activities related to continuous improvement initiatives and ongoing activities designed to establish and promote a continuous improvement culture in Customer Service. Interprets data, identifies trends, conducts root cause analyses, and conducts benchmarking studies to determine best improvement projects for Customer Service. Ensures that improvement projects are aligned with goals to meet: cost saving, customer satisfaction, and revenue generation objectives. Works under general supervision.
- May be responsible for one or more of the following:
- Identifying problems with Customer Service IT systems.
- Assisting with tracking of absence, overtime and tardiness.
- Interfacing with other organizational units (e.g. IT and telecommunications resolving IT issues).
- Forecasting Call Center volume and determining schedule requirements. -Designing and implementing real time schedules.
- Providing technical expertise to resolve problems.
- Performing informal training and coaching to Customer Service Representatives.
- Maintaining confidentiality of employee records and information.
- Developing, monitoring, changing and communicating operating procedures.
- Tracking and reporting performance statistics. -Enforcing Service Level Agreements.
- Maintaining a Quality Control/Service Recovery.
- Gathers information, analyzes, designs, recommends and implement solutions in area of responsibility, identifying & utilizing appropriate tools.
- Performs investigations and statistical, trend, root cause and benchmarking analyses, proffering related recommendations.
- Conducts studies and analyzes the effectiveness of systems and related processes in order to make process-related enhancements.
- Determines process improvement needs and initiatives in Customer Service; prioritizes and implements related process improvements.
- Provide input into strategic planning for Customer Service.
- Applies teambuilding skills to activities involving multiple teams and multiple internal clients. -Make formal and informal presentations.
- Plans (including estimations of time and resources) necessary to complete assignments.
High school or GED and three years of experience in Workforce Management capacities.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Business or Public Administration, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science or a related curriculum with two years of experience.
- Exposure to continuous improvement methodology and projects.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills consistent with the ability to identify key issues from among a broad range of alternatives, and recommend optimal solutions for various situations.
- Management of multiple tasks, issues, or projects that require innovation, teamwork and planning.
- Flexibility and the ability to work under changing priorities.
- Perseverance and a risk taker.
- Consulting and influencing skills consistent with the ability to build relationships and influence parties at all levels of the business unit to adapt to changing expectations and programs.
- Written and verbal communications and presentation skills consistent with the ability to present results of projects and research to all levels of staff/management within the Business Unit.
- Workforce Management experience in a call center is required and should include hands-on experience with WFM tools such as Verint, IEX, eWFM, etc.
- Must receive a Recommended score on a pre-hire assessment.
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are the largest electric and gas utility in Michigan with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America. We are a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Detroit, Michigan with businesses in 26 different states.
DTE Energy’s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
We care for our employees and prioritize their health and safety first. Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
- Gallup Great Workplace Award (2013, 2014)
- Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
- J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award · Professional Women’s Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
- Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
- Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
- Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.