Posted On: 6-18-2014
Position Title: Senior Forecasting Analyst
Job Location: San Antonio, TX
Job Number: 19652
Share our pride. Join our mission.
THE LOCATION WILL BE IN PHOENIX, SAT OR “WORK FROM HOME”.
As a Fortune 200 financial services organization, USAA is on a mission – to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide by providing a full range of financial services and products. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 26,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked #17 in Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2014 and marking our fifth straight year in the list’s Top 50, we are proud to receive consistently outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking talented Senior Forecasting Analyst for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Analyzes contact center trends, including call volumes and call patterns, to forecast workload needed to support various channels. Ensures member service needs are met through accurate forecasting in support of various business areas. Provides data and additional information to be used for capacity planning. Delivers results of analysis and recommendations to various business partners and leadership to support the USAA mission.
- Collects, analyzes and reports strategic supplier performance statistics.
- Extracts data from various databases and workforce management tools.
- Provides expert, in-depth analysis of workload factors for business areas with large, highly complex multi-skill member contact areas.
- Gathers information, business intelligence, analyzes data trends, identifies root cause(s) and provides information to business leadership or project teams.
- Applies expert knowledge of various forecasting methodologies and tools.
- Participates as Forecasting SME in enterprise level projects.
- Provides guidance and effectively partners and influences appropriate business executives and/or their representatives to integrate member channel demand into the overall forecasted need.
- Applies expert knowledge of the business, channels and their applications and processes.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced members on escalated issues.
- 6+ years experience scheduling, forecasting or capacity planning to include expert utilization of workforce management tools & data analysis tools, telecommunications tools, contact routing and/or workload delivery systems.
- 4+ years utilizing and implementing forecasting methodologies.
- 6+ years demonstrated application of mathematical and analytical skills applicable to workload forecasting.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years forecasting or capacity planning experience.
- Advanced degree in Mathematics or Statistics.
- 8+ years experience scheduling, forecasting or capacity planning to include utilization of workforce management tools & data analysis tools, telecommunications tools, contact routing and workload delivery systems.
- 6+ years experience utilizing and implementing forecasting methodologies for call centers with large number of multi-skill and multi-channel complexity.
- Demonstrated application of mathematical and analytical skills applicable to forecasting or capacity planning.
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
- Advanced excel, database and SQL experience.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an EEO/AA Employer – all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Apply via https://search.usaajobs.com/en-US/Search-Jobs/Xsjp and enter Requisition #: 19652