Posted On: 05-18-2017
Position Title: Senior Forecasting Analyst
Job Location: Seattle, WA
Contact Information: Danielle.email@example.com, 206-303-6741 and https://nordstrom.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=295239&lang=en&sns_id=mailto#.WRsewGGo5hY.mailto
We are a specialty retailer offering the very best of what’s next in fashion for men, women and children since 1901.
JOIN US WHERE IT ALL BEGAN.
Whether you design clothes or business strategies, crunch numbers, lead projects or write code, we have a place for you at our Seattle headquarters. And we think Seattle is a pretty great place to live. More than just rainy days and coffee, Seattle has it all — mountains and beaches, arts and parks, music and film. It’s made up of quirky neighborhoods, award-winning restaurants, and thriving industry. Come see for yourself!
A day in the life…
As part of the Nordstrom.com Workforce Planning group, this individual will provide forecasting and analytic support to leadership with a focus on contact forecasting and weekly/monthly reporting, analysis, and an understanding of key drivers of business performance.
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve forecast models and related analytical tools to address business needs
- Identify and present trends and opportunities to support management decisions
- Create and analyze period forecast reporting, with a focus on accuracy and insight
- Contribute to the staff planning and financial cycle, including budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis
- Partner with applicable teams across finance and customer service providing staffing support while flexing styles for various audiences
- Support and drive process improvements and reporting simplification
- Perform ad hoc analysis and special projects that help drive strategic decisions
You own this if you have…
- 4-7 years of related experience
- BA/BS Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Proven experience in using skills for analyzing, modeling and reporting workforce performance
- Familiarity with a variety of data modeling methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to facilitate discussions with leaders
- Ability to manage and thrive in ambiguity with a strong sense of curiosity
- Ability to identify areas of opportunity, collect data, establish facts, assess results, draw valid conclusions and present alternative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities and timelines
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, PowerPoint and database systems
- Ability to independently develop processes and deliverables from general direction
- Attention to detail, data integrity and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
We’ve got you covered…
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan and much more depending on your role.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is certainly not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this job.