Posted On: 7-16-14
Position Title: Senior Human Capital Consultant with Workforce Planning/Competency Modeling Expertise
Job Location: McLean, VA
- Are you a polished and savvy human capital consultant with true workforce planning and competency modeling experience and passion?
- Are you interested in joining a top-notch team of senior industry peers (who are collaborative and actually enjoyable to be around) to help improve, advance, and shape the workforce of the largest federal agency (DoD)?
- Are you experienced, confident, and excited about interfacing with multiple executives (SES) across many lines of business to use your hard-earned change management and consultative skills to do something meaningful?
- Are you ready to focus on ONE long-term project with far-reaching potential to better align DOD personnel to mission and budget?
- Would Alexandria, VA/Washington, DC (and your home office) be a welcome work location?
“Yes?” Let’s talk.
We seek a well-rounded Senior Human Capital Consultant to join a project team supporting a long-term client (we’ve re-competed and won!) Our respected team is developing the comprehensive workforce strategy, designing all elements of the workforce plan to supports the agencies vital mission, developing plans to close staffing and competency gaps, and serving as trusted advisors across the organization. The major deliverable is a biennial Strategic Workforce Plan – delivered to Congress. Examples of specific support activities will include:
- Using change management, facilitation, and project management skills to interview and assess workforce realities, gaps, and opportunities.
- Building core content, templates, and methodologies to form and evolve a comprehensive strategic workforce plan.
- Creating compelling executive communications and messaging strategies to reach and solicit action from key stakeholders in the Defense community
- Collaborating with subject matter experts to create and update occupation-specific competency models.
- Supporting development of competency management policy, and interpreting and/or advising on existing HR policies.
- Leading organizational meetings to build strategy, consensus, and accountability.
- Assisting in the functional design and application of competency assessment tools.
- Ensuring all efforts, programs, and tools are sustainable and adding long-term value to the federal government and American taxpayers.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s ideal)
- 8+ years of human capital consulting experience (federal experience ideal) doing the above noted support activities
- Comprehensive and verifiable Strategic workforce planning and competency modeling experience
- Experience and happiness in a fast-paced, mission-critical, high-expectation environment.
- Clear track record of success, exhibited by long-term and/or repeat employers and a proven history of progression and/or increased responsibility.
- Natural and effective ability to build client, executive, and peer relationships.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, leave your ego at the door, and make great things happen.
Who are we?
AE Strategies is a Mclean, VA based federal management consulting firm, founded in 2003. As a fast-growing small business, AE Strategies has established a reputation for leading human capital, workforce planning, and talent development initiatives with exceptional and easy-to-work-with consultants. Our employees are offered challenging and rewarding assignments, a positive and collaborative work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including paid healthcare, flexible work hours, and a matching 401k. Learn more at www.aestrategies.com.
Applying is easy!
Please email your resume (Microsoft Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We respect you’re busy and that you deserve a kind, confidential, and timely response. We’ll be in touch quickly and look forward to hearing from you.