Posted On: 5-16-2022
Position Title: Senior Manager, Capacity Planning
Job Location: United States, Remote
Apply Online: https://zillow.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Zillow_Group_External/job/Remote-USA/Senior-Manager–Capacity-Planning_P739707-1
About the team
The Contact Center Operations Team is part of a Zillow Group business and operates in a strong team-oriented environment. While we have individual goals, we work together to provide the best customer experience for our advertisers and their leads. We work with both consumers and advertisers to make the Zillow Group’s Marketplace run smoothly. We are all about the most delightful and efficient experience for customers.
About the role
The Senior Manager, Capacity Planning is a position within WFM at Zillow Group that will lead managing a team of capacity planners. This leader will develop a team responsible for producing an accurate line of business volume forecasts, long-term contact center capacity planning, and workforce reporting/analytics. The Senior Manager is accountable for partnering with partner and consumer facing contact center leadership for the attainment of key performance indicators such as Service Level, forecast accuracy, and capacity plan attainment. Capacity planning at Zillow Group requires collaboration with multiple internal and external business partners. The right candidate for this position has a passion for understanding the underlying processes that result in the creation of data sets that will be used to develop forecasts and analyses.
This role reports to the Director, Workforce Planning and the work may be a combination of team-owned work as well as work in collaboration with other business teams.
Core responsibilities include:
- Designs, develops and leads all aspects of a capacity planning team including system functionality set up, forecasting, capacity planning, complex “what if scenarios” modeling, and prediction including the output of robust data analytics.
- Proactively forecasts and builds mitigation plans for staffing gaps and challenges. Socialize capacity plans and forecasts gaining alignment on inputs and assumptions and secure approval from cross-functional partners and senior leaders.
- Analyzes trends and collects input critical to accurate forecasting; provides analysis for forecasting and capacity planning
- Develops capacity planning models to address changing business use cases, including process for handling work in a deferred / funnel sales or service process
- Provides analysis and recommendations to Senior Management, Site Operations Directors and Divisional partners
- Interpret procedures and processes, and provide leadership to strategize and implement a variety of programs, services, and initiatives that are significant in scope, complexity, and risk
- Ensures WFM Standards are consistently evolving and serving the organization and business partners’ needs
- Work with Business Partners in the preparation of the forecasting process to ensure business needs are met and translate those needs in appropriate capacity planning
- Collaborate with and influence functional business partners, leaders, and executive management to provide support and drive critical initiatives for the business
- Proven nearshore/offshore capacity planning experience applying multiple models (i.e., headcount, productive hours)
- Leads all aspects of the development and delivery of all management reports related to contact center forecast/capacity planning and ensures accuracy of information
- Develops processes to aid in the analysis of new and existing lines of business to increase forecasting and staffing accuracy
- Owns planning, design, and implementation of a Workforce Management System, including the creation and/or implementation of processes. Partners with Command Center Manager for Real-Time Analysts design
- Performs any other related duties as required
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
In Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City the standard base pay range for this role is $93,200.00 – $148,800.00 Annually. This base pay range is specific to Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City and may not be applicable to other locations.
In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location.
Who you are
- A seasoned workforce planning professional with at least 5 years of experience leading analysts to capacity plan and schedule for high volume consumer and partner facing teams
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 8 years workforce management experience in volume forecasting generating staff/capacity planning models
- 8+ years’ experience with WFM Tools including ability to work at Admin level; Alvaria (Aspect), Genesys, Salesforce, IEX, Avaya, Omni Channel routing etc.
- Experience developing and testing different forecasting/capacity planning methodologies to improve accuracy and build analytical tools is required
- Experience creating forecasts for businesses with funnel sales or service processes, including a mix of outbound and asynchronous workflows
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively create and present material appropriate to the level of audience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (formulas, filters, pivot tables) and data analytics (Tableau, SQL, etc.) is required
- Ability to travel to vendor (nearshore) sites for quarterly meetings as needed
Get to know us
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make it easier to unlock life’s next chapter.
As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow® and its affiliates help movers find and win their home through digital solutions, first class partners, and easier buying, selling, financing and renting experiences. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help make it easier to move. The work we do is helping people move from dreaming to transacting — and no matter what job you’re in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction are supported by a deep-rooted culture of innovation, our passion to redefine the employee experience, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. We’re also setting the standard for work experiences of the future, where our employees are supported in doing their best work and living a flexible, well-balanced life. But don’t just take our word for it. Read recent reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022 list, Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, honoring the Best Places to Work in 2022, Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index 2022, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index and Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality 2022, and TIME 100 Most Influential Companies list.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at RecruitingAccessibility@zillowgroup.com.
Applicants who receive job offers from Zillow Group will be asked to sign a Proprietary Rights Agreement which includes confidentiality, intellectual property assignment, customer and employee non-solicitation, and non-competition provisions. If you are contacted for a role at Zillow Group and wish to review a copy of the Proprietary Rights Agreement prior to receiving an offer, you may request a copy from your Recruiter.