Posted On: 06-04-2019
Position Title: Senior Manager, Workforce Management
Job Location: Norwalk, CT
Apply Online: https://careers.priceline.com/jobs/r1840
We pride ourselves on Customer Care at priceline, and our team delivers the very best. Through our partner call centers and online support services, we make sure customers are always looked after before, during and after booking a deal with priceline.
Priceline is looking for a highly motivated and positive individual with deep experience in forecasting, scheduling, and budget capabilities for medium-sized contact centers.
The Sr. Manager, Workforce Planning & Forecasting reports directly to the Sr, Director, Contact Centers.
This position is responsible to drive performance by accurately forecasting contact volumes and execute overall workforce planning activities for all customer contact channels (voice, chat, social and email) across a global, 24/7/365 operation. In addition, this individual must continually monitor the business to identify, research, understand and proactively communicate evolving trends in the business, particularly those that present a risk to ongoing business operations.
Key relationships are with Outsourcing Partner(s), Relationship Managers, Customer Care support teams (Product Experience, Innovation & Analysis, Operations, Learning & Development), Finance and Marketing. This is inclusive of partnering with the reporting team to maintain oversight of operational performance and be proactive with others to make adjustments as needed in response to evolving trends in the business.
Forecasting – Oversee global staff planning activities across multiple vendor relationships by creating long-term volume and headcount forecasts, apply seasonality adjustments, and confidence testing key inputs for forecasting reliability. Leverage cross-company data to produce contact volume forecasts for multiple lines of business and workgroups that will ultimately be the foundation to create accurate interval headcount plans. In addition, forecasting models must be continually updated as the business evolves to maintain high levels of forecasting accuracy. Oversee scheduling matrices to ensure service level goals and financially impacting goals are achieved using forward-looking projections and historical information.
Workforce/Staff Planning – Using the volume forecast to produce an interval-level staff plan then coordinate with field workforce teams and Operations counterparts to deliver the required headcount. Ability to contemplate cross-trained and multi-functional agents, back-office teams, phone, chat, and messaging agents a must. Monitoring upcoming period(s) for open staffing gaps then proactively engaging stakeholders to ensure all open slots are filled prior to the production week starting is necessary. Closely interface with external partners to ensure comprehensive analysis of call patterns, and serve as back-up for real-time analysts (RTA) supporting intra- and inter-day performance.
Scheduling – Leverage the staff plan to generate agent schedules, manage periodic shift bids, process exception handling, time off requests, off-phone activities, breaks/lunches, and other intra-day scheduling needs. Ability to manage this in a multi-site, 24×7, multi-lingual, multi-channel, international operation is essential.
Expense Planning – Use historical trends and forward-looking data to feed accurate Customer Care cost estimates to budget and financial planning counterparts.
Trend Analysis and Reporting – Prepare and present timely, accurate reports to key stakeholders including executive leaders, internal departments, external partners, etc. Producing and reviewing with stakeholders monthly 3+9 reports is required to ensure all interested parties remain informed about future business performance.
Operational Excellence – Cultivate close working relationships with peers in the Operations Team to maintain expert knowledge in the day-to-day business in order to produce accurate volume and headcount forecasts. Identifying and implementing key metrics to measure the success of the overall WFM operation (forecasting/planning, RTA, and budgeting) is a requirement of this senior level role as well.
- Workforce Management
- Cost estimation
- Relationship Building with onsite and remote partners
- Problem Solving
- Elevated Decision Making
- Escalated Problem Resolution
- Team Management and Development
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Fiscal and Revenue Management (budget, forecast and plan effectively for future growth)
- Minimum 5+ years experience in:
- a forecasting/planning WFM role with over 4MM annual contacts leveraging multiple communication channels (phone, chat, social, email, etc.) across multiple operational sites
- real-time adherence (RTA) management
- enterprise WFM systems (e.g. Verint; NICE; Aspect) in both forecasting/planning, RTA, and scheduling functions
- contact center operations and/or contact center management
- Previous experience in the travel / hospitality industry considered an asset
- Project Management / Six Sigma experience considered an asset
- Demonstrated people management skills which have successfully motivated and enhance personal performance and development
- Effectively communicate with individuals at all levels internally and externally
- Hands on experience with contact center workflow, phone queue management (AmazonConnect experience is preferred but not required)
- Solid analytical skills which result in sound decisions, solutions and recommendations
- Must possess excellent customer service, follow up and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate successfully in a time-sensitive and fast-paced environment
- Stay abreast of industry standards, monitors and reviews best practices, and makes changes as necessary
- Demonstrated history of living the values important to priceline: Customer, Innovation, Team, Accountability and Trust. Unquestionable integrity and ethics.
Priceline is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.