Posted On: 8-13-2019
Position Title: Senior Manager, Workforce Planning and Forecasting
Job Location: Norwalk, CT
Apply Online: https://careers.priceline.com/jobs/r1840
We pride ourselves on Customer Care at priceline, and our team delivers the very best. Through our partner call centers and online support services, we make sure customers are always looked after before, during and after booking a deal with priceline.
Priceline is looking for a highly motivated and positive individual with deep experience in forecasting, scheduling, and budget capabilities for medium-sized contact centers.
The Sr. Manager, Workforce Planning & Forecasting reports directly to the Sr, Director, Contact Centers.
This position is responsible to drive performance by accurately forecasting contact volumes and execute overall workforce planning activities for all customer contact channels (voice, chat, social and email) across a global, 24/7/365 operation. In addition, this individual must continually monitor the business to identify, research, understand and proactively communicate evolving trends in the business, particularly those that present a risk to ongoing business operations.
Forecasting – Oversee global staff planning activities across multiple vendor relationships by creating long-term volume and headcount forecasts, apply seasonality adjustments, and confidence testing key inputs for forecasting reliability. Leverage cross-company data to produce contact volume forecasts for multiple lines of business and workgroups that will ultimately be the foundation to create accurate interval headcount plans.
Workforce/Staff Planning – Using the volume forecast to produce an interval-level staff plan then coordinate with field workforce teams and Operations counterparts to deliver the required headcount. Ability to contemplate cross-trained and multi-functional agents, back-office teams, phone, chat, and messaging agents a must. Monitoring upcoming period(s) for open staffing gaps then proactively engaging stakeholders to ensure all open slots are filled prior to the production week starting is necessary. Closely interface with external partners to ensure comprehensive analysis of call patterns, and serve as back-up for real-time analysts (RTA) supporting intra- and inter-day performance.
Scheduling – Leverage the staff plan to generate agent schedules, manage periodic shift bids, process exception handling, time off requests, off-phone activities, breaks/lunches, and other intra-day scheduling needs. Ability to manage this in a multi-site, 24×7, multi-lingual, multi-channel, international operation is essential.
Expense Planning – Use historical trends and forward-looking data to feed accurate Customer Care cost estimates to budget and financial planning counterparts.
- Workforce Management
- Cost estimation
- Technical learning
- Relationship Building with onsite and remote partners
- Problem Solving
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Fiscal and Revenue Management (budget, forecast and plan effectively for future growth)
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a contact center WFM role that includes: forecasting; planning; scheduling; and real-time management
- Previous experience in the travel / hospitality industry considered an asset
- Effective communication with individuals at all levels internally and externally
- Solid analytical skills
- Excellent customer service, follow up and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate successfully in a time-sensitive and fast-paced environment
- Stay abreast of industry standards, best practices, and continually sharpen the saw
- Demonstrated history of living the values important to priceline: Customer, Innovation, Team, Accountability and Trust. Unquestionable integrity and ethic.
Priceline is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.