Posted On: 9-15-2022
Position Title: Senior Manager, Workforce Planning & Strategy
Job Location: Hybrid Remote at our HQ in Silver Spring, Maryland
Apply Online: https://hqcareers-globalcommunities.icims.com/jobs/2179/senior-manager%2c-workforce-planning-%26-strategy/job?mobile=false&width=1344&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240
Global Communities works at the intersection of humanitarian assistance, sustainable development and financial inclusion to save lives, advance equity and secure strong futures. We support communities at the forefront of their own development in more than 35 countries, partnering with local leaders, governments, civil society and the private sector to achieve a shared vision of a more just, prosperous and equitable global community.
Global Communities is seeking a Senior Manager, Workforce Planning & Strategy to join the People & Culture team. This positon is eligible for a hybrid remote work arrangement and can be based in the Silver Spring, Maryland or San Diego, California office.
The Senior Manager, Workforce Planning and Strategy leads the design and execution of enterprise-wide strategic workforce planning initiatives. This role delivers sophisticated analysis, technology and planning tools to evolve Global Communities’ workforce planning capability. S/he provides insight and guidance to inform future focused planning activities, delivers workforce planning tools and solutions, and serves as an integration point across stakeholder groups to drive more collaborative workforce planning.
$92,000 – $115,000
As an organization working to advance public health, Global Communities has an obligation to model best practices and to do all we can to protect each other, our partners and the communities where we work. To ensure the continuity and effectiveness of our business operations, Global Communities is adopting a policy to safeguard the health of our visitors, employees, families, and the larger global community from COVID-19. Effective January 3, 2022, all U.S.-based Global Communities employees are required to provide proof of having received full dosage of COVID-19 vaccine that is FDA approved, approved for emergency use authorization, or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file with Global Communities, as a condition of employment.
Responsibility Area: Workforce Planning
- Apply and integrate advanced and predictive analysis, people metrics and reporting to develop strategic and operational insights for workforce decision-making (e.g., staffing, learning and development, talent management, diversity and human resource compliance).
- Assess organizational staffing and identify requirements and solutions to meet workforce objectives.
- Identify gaps/opportunities within or between locations, jobs, and departments (e.g., services, workflows, tooling) to satisfy the needs of stakeholders and customers.
- Perform skills and capability needs analyses for all staff levels.
- Consult on the design and implementation of learning strategies and programs to advance the achievement of supervisory goals and increase the commitment and contribution of employees.
- Design, implement and consult on performance management, succession planning, and workforce planning.
- Drive large-scale workforce planning efforts that solve significantly complex or endemic problems.
- Lead critical projects to improve planning and forecasting efficiency for global operations.
Responsibility Area: Succession Planning
- Lead the strategic approach, design and continuous improvement of talent and succession planning processes by ensuring the program and strategy is integrated, aligned, and complements other major talent areas, and supports the overall organization’s strategic plan and cultural transformation.
- Review external/internal landscape and craft recommendations to strategically position Global Communities’ talent and succession planning processes to ensure focus on identifying and developing talent in alignment with key business priorities.
- Lead benchmarking research to evaluate industry trends and best practices in talent management.
- Develop short- and long-term recommendations to evolve the talent and succession practice, in alignment with broader organizational plans and cultural transformation.
- Collaborate with the People & Culture (P & C) team and business leaders to understand business needs and provide direction on organizational best practices.
- Develop frameworks and processes to enable P & C and business leaders to continue to drive the talent agenda forward.
- Utilize and leverage technology platforms and data intelligence to identify trends in talent data and provide insights and recommendations for action.
- Serve as an advisor to P & C and business leaders on strategy and processes.
Responsibility Area: HR Business Partner
- Keep current on industry and regulatory tends, developments, or activities that could impact talent and organizational development strategy.
- Lead and/or participate on cross-functional teams associated with skill development, leadership development, and change management issues.
- Support P & C team in other functional areas as needed.
POSITION SPECIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Less than 10% domestic travel; may travel internationally
- Promote a culture of excellence, inclusion, learning, diversity and innovation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong strategic workforce planning background with experience operating in a complex organization.
- Success engaging at senior management levels to impact and influence decision-making.
- Deep understanding of strategy development, design, and implementation of cross-functional initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret qualitative and quantitative workforce data and synthesize into meaningful and actionable results.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and project management skills.
- Ability to identify technology solutions and tools to solve business problems, drive desired outcomes and present approaches through data driven storytelling.
- Ability to establish and lead cross-functional teams and working groups.
- Ability to develop and brief data summaries to support decision-making.
- Adept at bringing together crucial pieces of information such as industry best practices and metrics, operational performance, innovations, markets, etc., from various internal and external sources to develop strategic options.
- Demonstrated ability to listen, anticipate, and respond to business needs.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills, including the ability to articulate complex messages in a clear, concise way to a variety of audiences.
- Strong quantitative and analytical aptitude, with the ability to learn and navigate across multiple systems.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills to identify trends and influence business decisions.
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline and a minimum of six years of related work experience or a minimum of 8 years of related work experience.
- Experience must include a progressively responsible role in Workforce Planning, Business Strategy, Talent Business Advisor or Business Intelligence role.
- UKG or ADP system experience preferred.
- Strategic Workforce Planning Certification preferred.
- A passion for the mission and values of Global Communities.
- Must have U.S. work authorization.
Global Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.