Posted on: 2-27-2013
Company: T. Rowe Price
Senior Staffing Analyst
Location: Owings Mills, MD
To Apply: Create your profile at: www.troweprice.com/careers Apply directly to Job Number 02489
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Senior Staffing Analyst serves as a subject matter expert for forecasting and planning staffing needs for the business units within operations. The Senior Staffing Analyst is responsible for advanced volume forecasting, complex staff modeling and working closely with senior management to develop annual staff plans. This position serves as an expert with departmental accountability for more complex forecasting/staff plans and handles assignments with a high degree of complexity. This position may supervise a small team of analysts and specialists.
Forecasting & Staff Planning: Serves as subject matter expert and departmental lead for complex forecasting and planning staff needs. Using historical data, along with recent trends and known factors, forecasts weekly & daily volumes for most business units within Operations. The Senior Analyst leverages workforce management tools and develops custom models to construct volume and staff forecasts for business partners. Provides recommendations for dates, times and attendance for training and other off-line activities through the use of specialized staffing software ptimally meeting both client and department needs. Uses advanced knowledge of staff modeling & applies those skills to create more complex analysis for the business unit utilization. Coaches and mentors junior members of the team in areas of expertise. Develops and maintains complex models to forecast volumes and staff. Models are utilized to support business decision making related to staffing (hiring, resources utilization, etc.).
- Manages special projects and analysis for CCM that require in-depth knowledge of forecasting, staffing and the operations of the business units supported.
- Works with business unit managers, to complete special projects. Efforts typically relate to the incumbent’s area of expertise and require coordination of a project team comprised of staff within and outside of the department. Special projects typically include: alternative staff models, shift & overtime costs and hours of operation.
- Provide proactive analysis of staff utilization to increase efficiencies within the business units. Assess areas of improvement and leverages analysis to consult and influence business partner decision making.
- Managing and Leading Others
- Responsible for leading and managing a team, including performance management, coaching and development, recruitment and resource planning.
- Takes an active role in both team and individual development. Holds regular one on one meetings with associates for the purpose of coaching or providing performance feedback.
- Manages team morale through appropriate reward and recognition programs.
- Monitors the team’s environment and ensuring a respectful, professional and productive workplace.
- Uses metrics to help in assessing and driving performance.
Workforce Management and Reporting:
- Manages and reacts to real time volume patterns.
- Monitors volumes, market activities, and non-exempt employee adherence to schedules in order to align staff where needed.
- Oversees and executes the completion of monthly volume and staff data which are utilized for reporting business unit results.
- Formulates the collection of volume and staff information for multiple sources and delegates tasks to staff members as appropriate, anticipates needs and usage of the data for reporting analysis purposes.
- Works through team to manage the firm’s tools for forecasting, staffing, and reporting to maximize benefits of the system.
- Oversees updates and maintenance of systems to ensure accurate tracking and reporting.
- Oversees that analysts are ensuring users are properly trained to use the system and that the system is operational, to work with GBS&T andthe vendor to troubleshoot issues.
- Provides oversight to the team on managing upgrades to the system as necessary.
- College degree and 2 years of related work experience, or Associate degreeand 4 years related work experience, or High School diploma/equivalent and 6 years related work experience
- Strong Analytical skills
- Advanced MS Excel and MS Access experience
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use quantitative analysis to influence business decision making
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence and negotiate across various levels in the organization
- Ability to manage and cope with a changing, ambiguous and fast paced environment
- Strong facilitation or meeting skills
- Acts independently to perform core responsibilities with little or no direct supervision
- Proven ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to escalate and consult with managers to make decisions consistent with TRP
- Demonstrated experience in managing competing priorities or unique client situations
- Proven capability to proactively and urgently address problems and escalating business issues
- College degree and four years of relevant work experience is preferred
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- T. Rowe Price experience is preferred
- Scheduling software experience and/or experience using IEX/Genesys/Verint is preferred
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer.