Posted on 2-24-2013
Company: Gerber Life Insurance Company
Location: Freemont, MI
Apply online at www.nestlejobs.com.
Gerber Life Insurance Company is hiring! We have been providing superior quality life insurance products since 1967! We offer an array of insurance products to meet the needs of individuals and families, including The Grow-Up® Plan, The Gerber Life College Plan, and adult coverage products, including Term Life, Whole Life, Guaranteed Life, and Accident Protection. As an affiliate of Gerber Products Company, “the baby food people,” the two companies share a common goal: to help parents raise happy, healthy children. Gerber Products Company and Gerber Life are companies of the Nestle organization.
Gerber Life Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is located in Fremont, Michigan
*Paid Time Off
*Bonus Program with 7% eligibility
Responsible for the design, delivery and evaluation of all methods of training for adult learning in the classroom, on-line courses and webinars for new and existing employees of Gerber Life Insurance Company as well as third party administrators. Primary responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to conducting training needs assessments; design and facilitate training materials, solutions and deliverables in order to achieve training objectives; leads the coordination of all aspects of training design and delivery; monitors and reports on training effectiveness; leads projects of modest scale to include non training / training learning solutions or other department initiatives; conducts trainer observations and provides coaching and feedback.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Bachelors Degree or combination of educaiton and equivalent experience
- 3+ years relevant work experience, including classroom training and training development, delivery and assessment experience.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and recommending training solutions
- Advanced level of formatting & designing training materials and presentations to include manuals, facilitator guides, job aids and audio visual materials.
- Advanced proficiency using instructional design experience and certification.
- Experienced delivery of an on-line course in both a synchronous (live) or asynchronous (recorded) environment.
- Knowledge and use of a formalized sales process.
- Experienced in the use of a learning management system and on-line course authoring tool.
- Experienced in using adult learning theories
- Experienced in a life insurance industry / contact call center preferred.SKILLS:
- Ability to act as a subject matter expert to mentor, lead teams of diverse memberships and recommend training solutions to successful results
- Comprehend simple and complex processes
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills used to problem solve
- Ability to educate others
- Ability to read, listen, communicate and present effectively both verbally and in writing with all levels of employees in order to prepare formal and informal correspondence and presentations; as well as provide clearly articulated training programs and instructions.
- Apply financial acumen to work towards least cost solutions
- Expert skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient in priority setting / time management skills
- Ability to work independently or in teams with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work all shifts including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit continuously to perform essential functions for an eight-plus hour shift.