Posted On: 1-26-2015
Position Title: Senior Workforce Management Analyst
Job Location: Flagstar Headquarters, Troy, MI 48098
Contact: Ashley Majeski
The Senior Workforce Management Analyst will be responsible for creating call center short and long term forecasts, agent staffing recommendations, and WFM inter and intraday day reporting. The Senior Workforce Management Analyst will also be responsible for analyzing the effectiveness and results of Customer Service agent schedules created, managing the call center’s real time coordination process, and recommending scheduling methodology improvements.
- Analyzes call center historical data and upcoming business forecasts to create strategic short and long term call center forecasts and staffing recommendations to ensure call center Key Performance Indicator goals are met.
- Creates agent staffing recommendations to call center senior management, including full time/part time staffing mix, use of contract staff to meet seasonality demands, and shifting of resources across call center teams.
- Leads resource planning meetings with call center management and other business partners to understand upcoming company initiatives, business forecasts, and risks to ensure call center is prepared to meet future demands.
- Develops plans with management team by providing detailed key performance indicators and staffing analyses to Customer Engagement Center and other call centers throughout the bank to ensure readiness for growth initiatives, fluctuations in seasonal contact volume, crisis management, etc.
- Serves as WFM technology Subject Matter Expert, partnering with WFM software vendor and IT department to improve use of WFM technology, resulting in more accurate schedules and forecasts.
- Creates and distributes forecast vs. actual daily and monthly reports with pointed analyses, communication of progress towards determined goals, and recommendations for improvement.
- Applies mathematical modeling expertise and statistical analysis to design and create reports to optimize the use of resources throughout the contact center; partners with management to create solutions to improve team member productivity and utilization.
- Increases employee efficiency by monitoring real time adherence and metrics in a multi-skill call center environment, escalating areas of concern to management team and partnering with management to create real time adjustments to agent schedules.
- Beta-tests newly acquired or developed software for the purpose of communicating functionality and usage.
- Provides training to call center personnel on WFM principles and/or WFM system use.
- Audits schedules created by junior team members; provides feedback to and partners with WFM Analysts and management to improve schedules created.
- Serves as a backup to create, run and maintain work schedules for Customer Engagement Center teams.
- Organizes and maintains data in several applications, including Verint Impact 360 and Excel.
- Successfully forecasts call volume, shrinkage, headcount requirements and average handle time for multiple skills, while striving for service level accuracy goals.
- Troubleshoots technical tasks necessary for creating and completing work schedules, coordinating with other departments, including Information Technology and Telecom, to troubleshoot more advanced technical defects.
- Continuously seeks opportunities to build knowledge of Verint scheduling tool; shares knowledge gained with the management team to drive improvement in performance and metrics attainment.
- Leads monthly and/or quarterly meetings with department management to identify forecasting and scheduling needs.
- Creates business correspondence and procedure manuals. Documents all processes and provides written documentation for all changes made to forecasts.
- Ensures WFM processes are updated and properly followed to ensure compliance with Risk Management expectations.
- Researches call center forecasting and scheduling best practices. Identifies opportunities to improve current scheduling methodology and produces recommendations and proposals for management.
- Undertakes self-development activities on a monthly basis.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar’s internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelors Degree, IT Statistical or related field of study preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in workforce management with Impact 360 or other workforce management application.
- Report creation experience required, including experience with trending analysis, pivot tables, and advanced formulas.
- Extensive experience creating and maintaining schedules and forecasts in a call center environment with multiple service level goals required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead meetings with senior leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully perform software administration and monitor for training, time off and scheduling of agents.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully effectively explain technical issues and concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Must be team-oriented, highly organized, detailed oriented and have successfully the ability to manage multiple priorities with little or no direction.
- Good sense of urgency – dedicated to meeting expectations and requirements.
- Able to adapt to new demands and challenges.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional extra hours, including weekends, as business demands dictate.
- Mortgage/banking experience preferred.
- Strong technical writing skills preferred.
Flagstar Bank, FSB is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Flagstar Bank is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail to Employment@flagstar.com or call (248) 312-2000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For more information: flagstar.com/eeoc
Member FDIC/Equal Housing Lender