Posted On: 10-8-2013
Job Location: Fremont, MI
Apply online at: nestlejobs.com
Gerber Life Insurance Company is hiring! We have been providing superior quality life insurance products since 1967! We offer an array of insurance products to meet the needs of individuals and families, including The Grow-Up® Plan, The Gerber Life College Plan, and adult coverage products, including Term Life, Whole Life, Guaranteed Life, and Accident Protection. As an affiliate of Gerber Products Company, “the baby food people,” the two companies share a common goal: to help parents raise happy, healthy children. Gerber Products Company and Gerber Life are companies of the Nestle organization.
Gerber Life Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is located in Fremont, Michigan
The Quality Assurance Senior Trainer works as an integral part of the training and development and performance analyst team. This is a proactive team responsive to the critical business needs of our Gerber Life Contact Center, Operations department and applicable Third Party Administrators. They are responsible for the design, delivery and evaluation of all methods of training delivery: classroom (on and off site), on line courses and webinars for new and existing associates of Gerber Life as well as third party administrators.
• Role Model professionalism, and Nestle Leadership Framework to other Trainers and Trainees
• Quickly and accurately conducts training needs assessments with trainers, end-users, and management team members to identify training needs and appropriate objectives and outcomes.
• Designs and facilitates training materials/solutions/deliverables in order to achieve training objectives and designated outcomes. (Expert in Instructional Design for both synchronous and asynchronous training) Ability to develop training using various authoring tools. Ability to do administration task for the Learning Management System.
• Leads the coordination of all aspects of training design and delivery including materials production, facilities, and subject matter experts and scheduling.
• Monitors and reports on training effectiveness through trainee job performance and post course delivery evaluations and measurement tools.
• Possesses an advanced knowledge of Gerber Life systems, products, services and procedures.
• Leads projects of modest scale to include non training-training learning solutions or other department initiatives.
• Relies on extensive training experience and project management to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performs a variety of complex tasks simultaneously.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Bachelor’s Degree or combination of education and equivalent experience
• 3+ years relevant work experience, including classroom training and training development, delivery and assessment experience.
• Demonstrated experience in identifying and recommending training solutions
• Advanced level of formatting & designing training materials and presentations to include manuals, facilitator guides, job aids and audio visual materials.
• Advanced proficiency using instructional design experience and certification.
• Experienced delivery of an on-line course in both a synchronous (live) or asynchronous (recorded) environment.
• Knowledge and use of a formalized sales process.
• Experienced in the use of a learning management system and on-line course authoring tool.
• Experienced in using adult learning theories
• Experienced in a life insurance industry / contact call center preferred.
• Ability to act as a subject matter expert to mentor, lead teams of diverse memberships and recommend training solutions to successful results
• Comprehend simple and complex processes
• Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills used to problem solve
• Ability to educate others
• Ability to read, listen, communicate and present effectively both verbally and in writing with all levels of employees in order to prepare formal and informal correspondence and presentations; as well as provide clearly articulated training programs and instructions.
• Apply financial acumen to work towards least cost solutions
• Expert skills in Microsoft Office applications
• Proficient in priority setting / time management skills
• Ability to work independently or in teams with minimal supervision
• Must be able to work all shifts including evenings and weekends.
• Ability to stand, walk and/or sit continuously to perform essential functions for an eight-plus hour shift.